Brooksters 29 gal rescape!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking good Brookster. Those Ozelot Swords are great plants. LED looks like it's doing the job. OS.
thanks scales! it's moving in the right direction anyways,that sword grew like crazy under a single t8, never much purple to it though. im hoping the new ferts will get this puppy going!

Apisto's are loving the new sand, he made a sand castle, she dug a secret entrance to a cave. That is all!

Brookster! I thought of you when I found this piece of clown puke in my tank! My tank has never had anything other than Black and Tan rocks ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394317623.874436.jpg

Ohhh nooooo! Get it! Quick!! Before it burrows in and pops up a month later in a different spot;) mine is still there, in a tiny crevice in a rock, it's like a monument to what used to be.
Edit- come on guys! It's unicorn puke!

Zombieeeeeeeee haha, OS sent me a plethora of awesomeness so I figured he may want some pics:) before

image-2078045524.jpg

After

image-49001975.jpg

image-3686905415.jpg

image-2450296911.jpg

Little random chaos scape going on... I kind of rushed it, for some reason my eyes decided to get all red and blurry and it kind if ruined my good time...

And I just did some trimming to send to you too. :) Hope you're ready.
I'm thinking of doing a bit of a rescape on my 10, they got some peacock gudgeons in at my Lfs, if that's not an excuse to plant a small tank than I don't know what is;)

I'm thinking of doing a bit of a rescape on my 10, they got some peacock gudgeons in at my Lfs, if that's not an excuse to plant a small tank than I don't know what is;)

You'll need more than a 10 for what I have waiting ti send for you. ;)

I love my lil peacocks. I have one pair so far that spawn like mad. I'm planning on getting a few more.

You'll need more than a 10 for what I have waiting ti send for you. ;) I love my lil peacocks. I have one pair so far that spawn like mad. I'm planning on getting a few more.
haha oh man... I have the 5.5 too! Planted grow out tank it is:) can you tell me a bit about the wee gudgeons?

You are really gonna be packing in a jungle in there!!! and there, and there...

Looks good. What happened to the Kleiner Bar Sword you had in the first pic? I think the right hand side? I have one and it is a fussy thing. Just wondering?

You are really gonna be packing in a jungle in there!!! and there, and there... Looks good. What happened to the Kleiner Bar Sword you had in the first pic? I think the right hand side? I have one and it is a fussy thing. Just wondering?
seriously!!! It will be fun though.. I'll take my time and plan it out, not run and gun with planting tongs:hide: , hopefully it fills in ok! I pulled the sword... It was growing like crazy and literally taking up half the tank... It's going to another member on here..

ha yeah, what I have for you will easily outgrow the 10 and the 5.5 and your other tanks. I have lots of Ludwigia Repens waiting to send you and this stuff grows like a weed, literally. All you have to do is snip and replant.

As for the peacock gudgeons, give them a little cave, nothing huge, a sandy substrate, lots of plants and good food. They get along with just about anything their size, I have otos with mine and plan to add some pygmy cories. The males have more of a blunt head than the females, both have beautiful coloring, the female will have black edging on her fins. Don't worry if the male disappears for a long time, he's guarding eggs. For the longest time I thought my male died until I saw him chasing free swimming fry. Oh, and yeah, they will eat the fry. They're also pretty hardy, just make sure the tank is stable first. I have no problems with water changes.

Back
Top Bottom