Brooksters fish cave, yup...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's a major punk. I had to take the glass tops off the back of the tank, when a cube of food hits he Jackie Chan's that cube and I was was afraid he'd break the panel. That shovel tail moves water....

Last edited by a moderator:
The beast
zgpT5JQ.jpg
Get him a ball to kick around !:ROFLMAO:
He looks lonely !

He gets no toys.... i could be doing much more with his tank. He's a blessed prisoner at this point

A couple big male swordtails might set him straight?:eek:
Hard to come up with 'peaceful lasting more then a meal' type fish for him..

Just think how cool your bad boy would look swimming with a Green Texas Carpintis and a Salvini. Probably not a realistic possibility.:(

He's proven he's not compatible with other fish. I don't like chaotic tanks... He seems fine by himself, greets me at the glass and looks pretty healthy.

Realisticly, almost an impossible task introducing new fish into the tank of a big, solitary New World cichlid. I wouldn't change things either.

Making moves.
Here's the cave as it sits, right rack to left
40b- discus grow out
40b- thory/ spot cheek "time out"
30- amazon and pea puffer romper room aka snail processing plant
65- red turqs discus (soon to be new grow out and 40b will be qt)
75- electric blue acara and misc. Cichlids that did not get along with thory, he's a real deeckhead!
90- just filled, going to be discus display!! Woo!!
30- electric blue ram and cardinal tetra, last high tech planted
20- temp holding for lost/ misplaced feesh
20180128_103317.jpg20180128_103312.jpg

Last edited:
Exciting action going on in that room. You're getting closer to being a full time partial water changer. find a neighborhood kid to take under your wing to teach aquarium maintenance.

Haha, I need a snail processing plant(puffer) too. My MTSs are outta control.

Glad to see others busy inside during the winter .. A hidden benefit of living up north !
You'll have a room full of discus someday......

Anyone still around? Thory is doing his final laps. No food, no sense, just stress. I'm not liking the obvious solution here as I dont think I can physically do it. I'm going to need to create a pitfall of sorts for him. Senility is setting in.

Back
Top Bottom