Brookster's new new new dual sat+ build - bml pg. 78

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How have I not seen this yet?!? Subscribed! I'm amazed at how you built stuff for your fish tanks I would never have thought to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I didn't have much of a choice, the table it was all on started slowly collapsing under the
wieght.

"That's because he has a very particular set of skills, skills he has acquired over a very long career."

"I will find you....and I will build you..."

Do you like your satellite+ ?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Great lights for the value, im extremely happy with them, somewhat limited for certain builds though, what are you thinking?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Brookster's new new new dual sat+ build

I didn't have much of a choice, the table it was all on started slowly collapsing under the
wieght.

Wow. What size are those tanks? One is a ten, the other has to be 20+ gallons (I know I can go back and look but this thread is too long and I'm lazy orz)

Wow. What size are those tanks? One is a ten, the other has to be 20+ gallons (I know I can go back and look but this thread is too long and I'm lazy orz)

Haha, all good, it's a 30l, 36x12x16.

Haha, all good, it's a 30l, 36x12x16.

ah yeah my dad was telling me about the size of those (I think he wants to get one at the PetCo $1/gallon sale :p ) but I've never actually seen one. Biggest tank I have is a 29. I had to get rid of a bookshelf to fit it XD

Kinda unrelated, but do you know if a 10 gal could fit on the bottom of a 29 stand, would it collapse? I want another tank so bad :eek:

ah yeah my dad was telling me about the size of those (I think he wants to get one at the PetCo $1/gallon sale :p ) but I've never actually seen one. Biggest tank I have is a 29. I had to get rid of a bookshelf to fit it XD

Kinda unrelated, but do you know if a 10 gal could fit on the bottom of a 29 stand, would it collapse? I want another tank so bad :eek:

I just walked out of petco! Wanted a 15 gallon, figures it's the only one not on sale.. they have 20longs,.prob what your dad wants, 30l are kind of odd for big box stores..is it a metal 29 stand? Measure it, 10's are 20x10.

I just walked out of petco! Wanted a 15 gallon, figures it's the only one not on sale.. they have 20longs,.prob what your dad wants, 30l are kind of odd for big box stores..is it a metal 29 stand? Measure it, 10's are 20x10.

He wants a 30l idk if they have them but he wants it anyways

He wants a 30l idk if they have them but he wants it anyways

Great tank size, i had to pay full blown retail at my lfs, good luck:)

I have one on my 20g along with 2 lamps running 50/50 cfl and it's definitely holding it's own on my taller plants and the price is incredible (I spent $40 on my 24 inch), which is why I was thinking about getting another for my 65g hex. The thing is my hex is very tall and from what I've heard they don't do so well with tall tanks. Didn't know what your particular experience with them has been so I thought I'd ask.

Brookster, what are you running for filtration on this and is it the same as the 40b's? I'm sure its in here somewhere, but I'm just too lazy.

Ac 70 for now. . Might add a sunsun soon as to incorporate co2 reactor.

Ohh man, i just spent the better part of 2 hours with my arms in the tank.. trimmed everything, replanted a bit of ar and star, plugged some root tabs and waged war on the vesuvias runners! Something smells fishy.. I'm thinking one of the otos may have departed.. I could only count 7 of 8, still not bad considering the massive die offs some experience with these Lil miracle workers. Between the pleco and 8 corys I doubt the remains would go to waste. I'll put some pics up later once everything settles down. Off to see a psychic medium in Rhode island. He'll come over to me and see a bunch of gbr ghosts floating around my head:(

Hey Brookster.. I forget, did you end up getting an Eheim Skim 350? When I ran mine 24/7 I ended up fishing out 2 dead otos. Ever since I put the skimmer on a timer, I have all otos accounted for.

Hey Brookster.. I forget, did you end up getting an Eheim Skim 350? When I ran mine 24/7 I ended up fishing out 2 dead otos. Ever since I put the skimmer on a timer, I have all otos accounted for.

Heyyyy! Dr. Nano in the building! Yes sir, best $25 spent in that week that I bought it! it is on a timer yes, lights out to lights on, all night it runs. Think they just floated into yours after dying? I don't think it pulls enough to catch them sleeping?

Pictures! Its been pretty ok.. pogo is finally living up to its name, stars are a bit lacking? Iron def.??? AR and Ammania are partying like it's 1999!! OS baby!! Miss you bro! Just send me a :p if you're watching!!

Attachments

• 1412635341351.jpg
    1412635341351.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 1412635349882.jpg
    1412635349882.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 79
  • 1412635360386.jpg
    1412635360386.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 1412635369995.jpg
    1412635369995.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 75
Rotala wallichii? Looks incredible. What root tabs are you using? I found that I had too much iron and needed more potassium and CO2.

Rotala wallichii? Looks incredible. What root tabs are you using? I found that I had too much iron and needed more potassium and CO2.

Indeed, I'm using a custom mix derived from sir mebbid himself. . Osmocote and miracle grow in a gel capsule.

I have some in my 20g. I love seeing it in other displays. I wish I had the guts and the knowledge to use ferts like that, I'd probably have less algae, lol

I have some in my 20g. I love seeing it in other displays. I wish I had the guts and the knowledge to use ferts like that, I'd probably have less algae, lol

Guts?!? You should see my other tank, it's hideous.. this was dumb luck mixed with dosing like the guys/girls reccomend here. I'd love to take credit as a skilled planted tanker but I'd be a liar if I said this was.the result of intention actions. I try like a champ and throw all.the extra money I have at it but hey... solid lighting, steady ferts. Co2, borderline Ocd maintenance and here we are..

Guts?!? You should see my other tank, it's hideous.. this was dumb luck mixed with dosing like the guys/girls reccomend here. I'd love to take credit as a skilled planted tanker but I'd be a liar if I said this was.the result of intention actions. I try like a champ and throw all.the extra money I have at it but hey... solid lighting, steady ferts. Co2, borderline Ocd maintenance and here we are..

Amen ?

Heyyyy! Dr. Nano in the building! Yes sir, best $25 spent in that week that I bought it! it is on a timer yes, lights out to lights on, all night it runs. Think they just floated into yours after dying? I don't think it pulls enough to catch them sleeping?

Yeah not sure. I think my otos were perfectly healthy. I'm not sure what happened. Anyways, your tank is looking good. Keep up the good work.

Back
Top Bottom