Brookster's new new new dual sat+ build - bml pg. 78

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Best thing to do a lot of the time. At least you picked a good method

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It worked very well, no thrashing, just went to sleep.. my gf was watching and I feared he would flail and she'd scream but it was all peace.. tank is odd without him. I may add my odd female ram? She hides from the male all the time anyways. Seems I'd be giving her a break and adding a new centerpiece at the same time. I'd like another apisto but I'm not sure they're around. I'm kicking myself for giving all the fry away a couple weeks ago:( may have to ask for one back haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry about that man....at least you didn't move him.

Yah, it wasn't sickness, nothing I could have treated anyways.. i think? All fish I've lost do to illness looked awfully sick when they died.

Just thinking about your fish made me examine my fish closer and found a neon with a bad S curve. I'm just gonna let him live his crooked life.

Just thinking about your fish made me examine my fish closer and found a neon with a bad S curve. I'm just gonna let him live his crooked life.

That's probably ntd, just get him out quick when he dies before others can nibble, that's how it spreads o believe..

Bad idea?? Co2 art dual needle valve splitter, running the 30 and 20tall, each about 3 bps, surprisingly easy to dial in each tank with splitter, have identical lengths of hose, different diffusers though.. am I loosing my mind over here??

Attachments

• 1409009285852.jpg
    1409009285852.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 65
It's got me too!

Well gosh! Seems like everyone is having an algae problem! A BML is certainly going to give you some algae, even at 50%, so excess lighting could be it. I don't know. It's just so weird, like everybody has some or tons of algae except the pros (Brian, Janis, OS, etc., etc.).

I guess I'm a long way from being a pro! I'm also having MAJOR algae issues. I've tried everything I know to do. Ever since I did the rescape, I have fought algae. GSA, GDA, BBA & Blue-Green Algae are in my 29g. The low tech 16g is perfectly algae free. Me thinks a low tech Anubia, Crypts and Sword 29g tank looks better and better. With my health problems, I don't have the energy to keep up with a high tech, fast growing tank anymore. OS.

I guess I'm a long way from being a pro! I'm also having MAJOR algae issues. I've tried everything I know to do. Ever since I did the rescape, I have fought algae. GSA, GDA, BBA & Blue-Green Algae are in my 29g. The low tech 16g is perfectly algae free. Me thinks a low tech Anubia, Crypts and Sword 29g tank looks better and better. With my health problems, I don't have the energy to keep up with a high tech, fast growing tank anymore. OS.

If anyone can re invent the low tech wheel it's you!! These high tech tanks are a serious endeavor. I had no idea, everyone says co2=no algae.. whaaaaaa@aa

Brookster's new new new dual sat+ build

Low tech tanks are underrated in my opinion. I would have one myself if it wasn't for my good lighting. Many people go with the high tech route (currently converting over to it at the moment, so I'm a victim too) since it opens up the opportunity for more variety and choice. I know that I drooled at the thought of having a tank that looked like that of Tom Barr, Amano, and even many members from this forum. Though, I still love Crypts, Java Fern, and Swords--even in a high tech tank!

Tests are in, I've got some work to do, all taken right before weekly wc. Nitrate 30ppm, phosphate > 1 (problem) gh/kh 110ish..think that's ok??

Tests are in, I've got some work to do, all taken right before weekly wc. Nitrate 30ppm, phosphate > 1 (problem) gh/kh 110ish..think that's ok??

I'm still trying to figure out the gh/kh kit and I'm waiting for my phosphate test kit to come in, so I'm the last person you want advice from. Lol

I'm still trying to figure out the gh/kh kit and I'm waiting for my phosphate test kit to come in, so I'm the last person you want advice from. Lol

Yah, I'm thinking ill up the phosphates a bit and go for some of that fancy booster OS was talking about..

On a side note? Lifted my self-imposed ban on neds and went today, boy was I a happy happy patron! Juvie male cacs $10!! Fat fat otos.......3.50!!! Got 8 hahah, hope they don't pop on my algae farm dagg nabbit.

Yah, I'm thinking ill up the phosphates a bit and go for some of that fancy booster OS was talking about..

On a side note? Lifted my self-imposed ban on neds and went today, boy was I a happy happy patron! Juvie male cacs $10!! Fat fat otos.......3.50!!! Got 8 hahah, hope they don't pop on my algae farm dagg nabbit.

Man that's awesome. I have a couple mom and pops in my area, but their selection is sparse. Petsmart is where I buy most of my fish....I know....don't judge me. Can't beat $1 otos. I also have a company names super pet market that has cool fish. Best GBR around here. Went to both of them today, luckily empty handed.

Man that's awesome. I have a couple mom and pops in my area, but their selection is sparse. Petsmart is where I buy most of my fish....I know....don't judge me. Can't beat $1 otos. I also have a company names super pet market that has cool fish. Best GBR around here. Went to both of them today, luckily empty handed.

Gotta do what you gotta do man, I'm fortunate in that I have a choice in places to buy fish. Get yourself some rams bro!

That's funny you should say that. I picked one up a few weeks ago. I think it's a female. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409247658.607603.jpg

Nice looking ram! Almost a gold mixed with ebr.. i think it's a male though..

The dot on females will have blue specks. Is the back tip of the dorsal (top) fin rounded or pointy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hahaha.... Whatever it is, it was the last one there so I took it. I went back yesterday and they had a nice male ( I think...still learning as I go), but I have way too many fish as it is.

The dot on females will have blue specks. Is the back tip of the dorsal (top) fin rounded or pointy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was thinking female from all the information I found online and from the characteristics you asked. But this is my first time with a cichlid let alone a ram.

Here's a good side by side comparison.

Attachments

• 1409250704033.jpg
    1409250704033.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom