Brookster's new new new dual sat+ build - bml pg. 78

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One thing about Cyperus helferi is that it took mine FOREVER to establish. I don't know if that has been your case. Make sure you don't move it like me though, or you'll be waiting a long time. I agree that it will tie the back of your tank together.

Go Reds!

It's a tissue culture so I figured it could go either way.. been in for months, it went bba death at first but now it's slowly growing up and out.. i just figured it'd go a bit quicker?? I won't touch it though;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's a tissue culture so I figured it could go either way.. been in for months, it went bba death at first but now it's slowly growing up and out.. i just figured it'd go a bit quicker?? I won't touch it though;)

Mine grows slower than my Java Fern and Cryptocoryne.

Go Reds!

Mine was slow as molasses too. It picked up when I added CO2, but it's still slow. Now it's growing some funky algae. Kinda want to ditch it for some corkscrew val...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mine was slow as molasses too. It picked up when I added CO2, but it's still slow. Now it's growing some funky algae. Kinda want to ditch it for some corkscrew val...

Well.. that's concerning, i hate funky algae.. vals are out for me.. I'm going to see the c.h. through for now. I'm sure we can come up with something else if it's a fail..

2 min after wc... see the utter chaos that ensues?!,! I forgot I even had half these fish.. thinned out the pogo quite a bit, my skimmer was clogged with fine needle leaves, anyone experience a major shed at certain points? AR looks kind of ok I guess??

Attachments

• 1424217631117.jpg
    1424217631117.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 1424217644422.jpg
    1424217644422.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 89
Out of the shadows! Lol,looks good Brooks...pogo's beastin in the corner!

Getcha sleeves wet fish tank people!

After trimming and replanting pogo, I often find needles floating.
Do your embers ever hide in the foliage?
At looks fine. All red, no green or BBA.

Plants look really really really nice! No algae in sight...on the plants lol ;)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

2 min after wc... see the utter chaos that ensues?!,! I forgot I even had half these fish.. thinned out the pogo quite a bit, my skimmer was clogged with fine needle leaves, anyone experience a major shed at certain points? AR looks kind of ok I guess??

Embers take night refuge in the pogo, few outliers around the other stem plants. Lights on and 10/15 are schooling around the front for food..

After trimming and replanting pogo, I often find needles floating.
Do your embers ever hide in the foliage?
At looks fine. All red, no green or BBA.

Edit
Glitch app tonight

Hehe you quoted yourself. Thanks for the info. 5 of 7 embers are out front. Not sure where the other two are. It's a jungle in there.

So lush brother, the ar mini looks great as well of the rest of the tank.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hehe you quoted yourself. Thanks for the info. 5 of 7 embers are out front. Not sure where the other two are. It's a jungle in there.

They're more aggressive towards each other than my larger tetras. They peck like cpds.. after a week behavior is predictable though.. i did quote myself huh??

Go to top of post #991 for the self quote.
When the embers are not schooling I did notice some making quick dashes at each other. CPDs exhibit the same behavior?

Go to top of post #991 for the self quote.
When the embers are not schooling I did notice some making quick dashes at each other. CPDs exhibit the same behavior?

My neons do the samething maybe a schooling fish thing?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Very nice Brookster123! Is that Rotala 'bonsai' in the center of the tank on the right? It look so lush.

Thanks! Yes it's ammania bonsai or true rotala indica.. it's become quite the force..

Man.. letting me slack here people. I did lots of stuff and things. Mainly dealt with this ammania bonsai meets star patch disaster, it looks rough but had to be done. Took back the pogo and ludwiga as well.. pulled and replanted cyperus with a barrier to keep ammania from taking any more ground. hello ERIO and cory:) so happy this little punk rock plant is finally taking off!

Attachments

• 1425341502827.jpg
    1425341502827.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 1425341518237.jpg
    1425341518237.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 1425341531438.jpg
    1425341531438.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 1425341552171.jpg