Brown algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diatoms are a pain I'm currently suffering with them at the moment are you using silica sand? I have a post you can check out but I think most people suggested otto's and or larger water changes although I Have been told they will eventually disappear

Welshy said:
Diatoms are a pain I'm currently suffering with them at the moment are you using silica sand? I have a post you can check out but I think most people suggested otto's and or larger water changes although I Have been told they will eventually disappear

I have crush coral, what exactly is an otto

HUKIT said:
Otto's work well but I would still recommned a Bristlenose plec depending on what size tank you have.

Diatoms will generally burn themselves out after the tank is established and stabilized.

Otocinclus Catfish, Otto Cat

I have an 60 gallon tank with 13 African cichlids,I may go with the bristlenose pleco,but whatever way I go I will have to order them because my town dont sell neither fish, thank y'all for the advice....

mfdrookie516 said:
Bad idea to get a fish to take care of a problem IMHO. Ottos would be dinner in that tank. The diatoms will eventually go away.

I have been reading about diatoms, ima just wait because I don't want anymore fish in there,ima just keep doin my weekly water change and wait it out,might get sum snails and see how long they will last with the cichlids...what causes the diatoms, my tank was an 2nd hand tank, I had it about 6 months

Back
Top Bottom