BTA Hosting Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chevy55Post

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 2-1/2 year old BTA that split about 5 weeks ago. It was in my 25 gallon tank and one of my clowns started hosting it shortly after it split. I took the new BTA out and put it in my 2 yr old 75 gallon but it has been moving around and the clowns were not wanting anything to do with it. Today I put a clown and the new BTA in a strainer. Pictures of each attached. Has anyone done this before and does it work? I have read about this so I thought I would give it a try. Any idea how long I should keep them together? It has been a couple hours and the clown is still keeping his distance.

IMG_9298.jpg

IMG_9301.jpg

Seems strange as will take flow and light from nem, I've heard of putting videos and pics of clowns hosting nems to show clown what to do

There are many "tactics" used to "make" the anemone host a clown...but most of the tank raised clowns don't always know better and aren't with it. You can place pictures of them hosting or whatever but none of these things can make the two bond up.

Pointing a flashlight at night has worked really well for me. Key is to point it at the nem for at least 15-20 mins at night. If you see them just hang out near the nem it's going to be a success.
I personally strongly dislike the little bucket with nem and a clown approach.

I can't see how that would work, with the flow and light being compromised by the basket. Just let nature take its course, they will either host or not - can't make them :)

Back
Top Bottom