bubble coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

curtis9065

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can anyone tell me why my bubble coral stopped inflating all of a sudden? Its been about a week since its fully inflated. The problem is....I've changed nothing. I believe I have enough lighting maybe too much not sure. Any info or guesses would be greatly appreciated.

What are your tank inhabitants? My bubble coral will retract when the snails and hermits crawl over it. It was pretty po'd when my royal gramma nipped at it, but has gone back to normal...was probably stealing a mysis shrimp from it.

Do you feed it? Feeding to large of food will stress corals out.

Mostly fish in the tank, only have a couple hermits and some snails. That's the problem I guess nothings mess with it. Trying to feed it some shrimp today and see if that helps. I don't think my coral beauty has even been near it, but I do sleep sometimes. Lol thanks for the advice.

Can we see a picture of it? What type lighting do you have? Feeding is not necessary but nothing wrong if you do. I`ve had mine 14 years and have never fed it. BTW here is mine. He just turned 14 last month.

img_20111009_124243.jpg

I would love to post a pic but my camera on my phone sucks...ill post one later when my daughter get home w hers..otherwise its identical to yours only on a much smaller scale. About the size of an egg.when its uninfated and about the size of a baseball when fully puffed up. He hasn't puffed up in about a week though.

Back
Top Bottom