Bubble nest??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steviebetta

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a new male betta and can see a small clump of bubbles sticking to the side of the tank. He keeps going back amd forth. Would this be a nest? Trying to post a picture but not working just now. Will post one soon.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130729_214546.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130729_214546.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 74
  • ForumRunner_20130729_214606.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130729_214606.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 64
Any advice on keeping bettas? I've researched alot but would like to hear from actual fish keepers.

Any advice on keeping bettas? I've researched alot but would like to hear from actual fish keepers.

i have four bettas and love them very much!! they are very easy to care for as long as you keep up with maintenance. i have heaters and filters in all of my betta tanks. i feed them three pellets twice a day. once a week i feed bloodworms and once a week i don't feed them to prevent swim bladder from occurring. be sure to give them attention, they love it!! :)

I have a filter and heater in my tank. I wasn't really sure how much to feed them so thanks for the advice. Everywhere I read said a different amount. He's quite aware when I'm at the tank, comes over and stays near the top. Excellent wee fish. I have read that you can keep some other fish with them. Would you recommend this? Would it keep him happy or just annoy him?

I have a filter and heater in my tank. I wasn't really sure how much to feed them so thanks for the advice. Everywhere I read said a different amount. He's quite aware when I'm at the tank, comes over and stays near the top. Excellent wee fish. I have read that you can keep some other fish with them. Would you recommend this? Would it keep him happy or just annoy him?

some bettas have no problem being with other fish but some will not allow it at all. it depends on the personality. some people have bettas in community tanks, while others add nano fish or shrimp to their betta tank. again it all depends on if the betta will allow it.

It won't be for a while anyway so I will keep my eye on him and see what kind of personality he has. Like I said I only got him 3 days ago. Thanks for all the advice :)

Back
Top Bottom