Bubble Tip Anemone Missing??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rtoycrow

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently purchased a bubble tip anemone for my clowns to host. It was about 3-4 inches in length. It was in the same place for about 6 days and when I woke up this morning and turned my lights on it was gone. I can find any sign of it anywhere. Any ideas to what might have happened to it?

Well I have a 125 gallon with a 200 lbs of live rock. I have 2 yellowtail damsials, 2 green chromis, 1 korean angel, yellow tang, foxface,
2 o.clowns and a blue hippo tang. 3 emrald crabs, several hermits and snails. I have 3 powerheads in the tank 2 seio 620's and maxijet 1200.

look around in caves and such in your tank, they are mobile inverts, and I have had them just decide to find some shade before. Sounds wierd, since they LOVE light, but it happens!

What is your lighting? How did you acclimate it? Water params?

Bta's like to find a spot inbetween rocks or in a hole to place their foot and then they will stretch out their tentacles to get light. They need light in order to surivive. What color was it when you bought it?

I would keep looking for it and if you still can't find it start testing your tank for ammonia spikes, just incase.

If you find it don't touch it/pull it off where it is and place it somewhere else. There is a reason they move and if you move it it will just stress it out even more.

O and how long has your tank been setup?

:arrow: Since this is regarding an invertebrate, I'm moving it to the Reef forum.

As Lanced asked, having water params, ie specific numbers for temp, PH, Alk, SG, NO3, tank age, etc., and lighting info will help spot any possible external issues.

I agree that we need water test results. More than likely he is hiding somewhere shading his foot.

Yeah I found him, he is hanging upside down off my liverock in a little cave.

If your lighting is more intense than the lighting it's acclimated too, cutting the length of your photoperiod or adding some screen to the top of the tank to shade some light will help it acclimate itself to the new lighting. Light acclimation can be very stressful on new additions. On the flip side if you don't have atleast 4-5 wpg of lighting it's probably too dim for a BTA to do well long term. HTH and good luck.

Back
Top Bottom