Bubble tip trouble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sparkgin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Got a bubble tip anemone about a month a go. This morning, found my tank milky cloudy, and the bubble tip caught in the filter intake. Turned off the filter, while I went to the store to get more water. By the time I got home, the tank had partially cleared. Tested water, everything there looks good. Did a change out, but tank is still cloudy a few hours later.

Need advice for a clear tank, and if I get another bubble tip, how do I keep him from moving into harms way? I have now put a sponge like filter over the intake as per the direction at LFS.

29 gal bow tank, damsel, clown, and an xenia forest

do 50% water change for day 1, then about 10% follow up for the next 2 or 3 days. The water should be go back to normal, you also can put a bag of carbon in you filter or sump where water flow thru. That will also help. In order to keep it from moving to filter (please understand you can't keep it from moving, and please don't try to move it to where you like them to be as they are not plants and they adjust to location base on their needs), you should use some type of sponge to cover the intake.

need more information on your tank, how long has it been set up, lighting, flow. If you do not have pristine water conditions (a year to stabilize) good lighting, MH or high end led's and good random flow, then the nem will never stay put. If they are not happy they will not stay.

Back
Top Bottom