Bubble Wall Questions..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MickieFish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Should I leave it on all the time? I turned it off last night b4 bed, and this morning it took almost and hour for it to get back fully bubbling again.. is it ok to leave it on all the time?? I think it did that b/c I have it kinked in 2 places (wrapped in a tight coil) to help hide the intake and the heater. Thanks!

I leave mine on 24/7. The fish love to play in it. I just bought a flexible one you can make to fit around plants. Its pretty cool.

my tiger barbs and red tailed shark love the bubble wall I have, I leave mine all the time for better oxygen, seems liek fish become more active and playful when they havea bubble tube

The pump uses little power, and the bubbles won't harm the fish. I leave my bubblewall on all the time.

You might want to get a one-way check valve if you don't already have one. This little $1 gadget is installed between the tank and the pump, and it prevents the back-siphoning of water into your pump and onto your carpet in the event of a power outage.

The air that is pumped into the tank contains co2 anyways so its helps everything. If you have too much movement then maybe you should get a smaller airstone or put flow adjusters on the airline..... Just make sure if you have a canister to keep it away from the intake or it will create an air pocket and possibly stop it from pumping water.

Airstones with a co2 tank removes co2 from the water not add to it. The more surface movment you have the more co2 thats being lost.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom