Bubbler Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Labenator65000

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 55 Malawi Cichlid tank, and I've been considering adding a bubbler just for looks. I really like the "wall of bubbles" that you see from time to time. I have not had an airstone and pump for about 25 years, and even then it was just a small 1" airstone, so I'm not sure if much, if anything, has changed in how it's done. Reviews for the long 12"+ airstones are not too good; hence my inquiry here. I'm looking for some best-practices on what to be done, from an aesthetic, functional and a practical standpoint. How does one go about doing this?

Pretty much any of the bubble walls available at LFSs work well if you have a powerful enough air pump. I haven't seen too many positive or negative reviews for any of them. They do clog up eventually, but they are cheap enough... just have to replace them every few years.

I have a 55 Malawi Cichlid tank, and I've been considering adding a bubbler just for looks. I really like the "wall of bubbles" that you see from time to time. I have not had an airstone and pump for about 25 years, and even then it was just a small 1" airstone, so I'm not sure if much, if anything, has changed in how it's done. Reviews for the long 12"+ airstones are not too good; hence my inquiry here. I'm looking for some best-practices on what to be done, from an aesthetic, functional and a practical standpoint. How does one go about doing this?

Do yourself a favor -- because I've been down this road before all too often with the different "walls" and "wands" that quit working like clockwork -- and get a couple of the Petco 18" Bubble Bars. They are the best, and put out a ton of bubbles with the right power -- I have two of them along the wall of my tank, and one is being powered by a Rena Air 400 (EXCELLENT pump) which is "bridged" so both outputs are powering the one bar, while the other is being powered, also bridged, by a Tetra Whisper 60, which I wouldn't recommend.

Back
Top Bottom