bud29's 34 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bud29 said:
hmmm.....I have decided to change my stocking plan but not because of aggression....Zebra Danios and Blue Gourami are good tankmates for tiger barbs. I changed because of space issues. I figured it might be a little overstocked. I'm going to wait to finalize my stocking plan until I see what this fish store a little ways away from me has. But, at the moment, I'm leaning towards 8 zebra danios, 7 black skirt tetras, 2 dwarf gourami, and 6 corys.

Kuddos to you for taking the higher road to that comment :) and I like your new plan!

Kuddos to you for taking the higher road to that comment :) and I like your new plan!

Thanks....I also think I'll add 3 platys to the tank after the others get established. Although like I said, no plan is final yet......I'm checking tomorrow if the pet store I'm buying from has black skirt tetras....hope they do!:)

Ammonia has remained @ 4.0 ppm. I'm leaving for a 6 day vacation tomorrow, so I'm hoping by the time I come back the ammonia will be low enough for me to dose back up.

Left for vacation today....getting back late Sunday night. Tested the water before I left and still 4 ppm ammonia exactly two weeks after the first dose. Hoping nothing drastic happens while I'm gone:ermm:.

Looked at the pet store and it was great. So many fish I had only seen online I could finally see in real life. Some of my favs were the dwarf gourami, tiger oscar cichlid, and discus. I know the dwarf gourami is the only thing I could get in my 30 but the others were still cool. My greatest find there were bristlenose plecos. I was SO happy to find them. I'm now getting one instead of my school of cories.

Going to petsmart tomorrow morning to get some wood for my pleco-to-be. So great to be in a big city with some decent pet stores!

Back
Top Bottom