Bugs in my aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexis56

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am finding A LOT of these things crawling around my live rock/sand. Can anyone tell me what it is? If its harmful? And how can I co trol them?

image-1017197292.jpg

That would be a pod i believe. Perfectly harmless and good for your tank. :) Some fish like to eat em and they eat leftover tiny food. I;ve seen pods fight in my tank over a food pellet LOL.

Youre doing something right if you have pods.

Okay! *sigh of relief haha! Thanks! Do you you know any fish I could add to my aquarium to help control the number of these?

There are numerous fish that eat them but you really want to keep them. lol You will notice as your tank ages that sometimes you will have a zillion and then in a week or two they will settle down in numbers. They are actually a good cleanup crew for small stuff. Get a flashlight at night when all the lights are out and you will see them going crazy all over the rock. lol I just cleaned out my filter sock last night and had a bunch of huge ones in there that got on my hand, they were creepy to feel on my skin. LOL But overall a good thing to have, :)

Back
Top Bottom