Build My LED 6300k or 10000k?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Edit: NEVER MIND, I see now in the Newbie Guide to PPS-Pro that you aren't supposed to have the micros and macros together because of bad reaction

Ordered the PPS-Pro ferts and an addiional dosing bottle (3 total).

Use the stuff you have now or at least I would finish it up. Yours is missing Mono Potassium Phosphate which is the chemical that can't be mixed with iron. If phosphate and iron are mixed together they can precipitate in solution.

Just an update! I received my BML today.

The color is exceptional. It is exactly the color tone that I was looking for in the tank. It looks absolutely fantastic and everything seems luminescent and glows.

I don't know if it is a difference in the light spread or if I actually had a lot of light before, but it feels a little darker in the back of the tank in particular. Before, we had 2 shop light fixtures with 4 T8 bulbs suspended about a foot above the tank top. It certainly did not have as much penetration to the bottom of the tank and certainly didn't have the PAR values of this light, but visually the light filled the tank as a whole much better at the front and back. So I'm a little conflicted about that. This was one of my concerns when moving from light that basically floods the whole tank to a small light that is positioned in the center just above the glass.
Right now we still have on the back set of T8's to fill in the back of the tank.

I ordered the dimmer but have it turned up to 100%. Like I said the color is significantly improved and I can tell that the lower 1/2 of the tank is much brighter, but the overall fill is less, so I will either use the back shop light still, or jut get used to it. Now don't misunderstand, I am sure the plants will be much happier.

Last edited:
I appreciate all of your feedback on the BML light, I am in the process of looking for an LED for a 125 grow out tank. What beam angle did you decide on? Could that be some of your issues in light "filling?"

I am surprised by your troubles to keep Blyxa successfully, it's a really easy plant, with or without CO2. I have some growing in a grow out tank in the shade of surrounding growth and although the leaf form is slightly different it is still great looking. Give it another try. Definitely one of my favorite plants.

Back
Top Bottom