Bump on Clown's Mouth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sammy S

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had sought help on this before but didn't find any answers; I have a clownfish who has had this bump since I got him in December. I noticed it after I put him in the tank. It hasn't grown or shrunk, nor has anyone else shown any signs of disease. :confused:

I asked here but received no response so I treated him with Pimafix in QT for a week, and it didn't grow or shrink so I moved him back into his home, as he was incredibly stressed being in quarantine. That has been a week ago and the bump is still there. It's irritating me that I can't figure out if it is a fungus or simply part of him. He eats and behaves normally otherwise, besides the female picks on him once and a while; they are ORA certified.

I attached a video of him since he doesn't like to sit still!

Run time: 3 months as of today, restarted when I moved
Size: 34 Gallon
Inhabitants: 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, 1 Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Large Green Leather Mushroom coral, 3 Sm. Zoas, 1 Sm. Torch, 1 Sm. Trumpet, 1 Sm. Orange Elephant Ear coral
Salinity: 1.025
Parameters: 0 Ammo, 0 Nitrite, 0 Nitrate
Temp: 73 Degrees Fahrenheit
Feeding: Once Daily Frozen Brine and Spectrum pellets
Weekly dosing: Phytoplankton (Seachem), Trace Minerals
Lighting: Current Broad Lighting, medium flow (one filter and one current)

Attachments

• nanu1.PNG
    nanu1.PNG
    25.8 KB · Views: 110
  • nanu2.PNG
    nanu2.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 119
  • nanu3.PNG
    nanu3.PNG
    21.9 KB · Views: 109
In no way am I saying this is the same but I had a jaguar cichlid(freshwater) and she had a wart under her chin so it could be a wart but I have no clue

In no way am I saying this is the same but I had a jaguar cichlid(freshwater) and she had a wart under her chin so it could be a wart but I have no clue

I have thought that it may just be extra skin on him, I don't want to subject him to another treatment if he isn't sick because it's stressful to move from tank to QT and back, PLUS the medicine :ermm:

Without exhaustive searches a quick guess might say lymphocystis?
FA181/FA181: Lymphocystis Disease in Fish

Thank you very much, that would make the most sense, since he is acting pretty normal. He even eats a lot; it says on that page that it is contagious....should I move him back to QT? The only issue is he and Nami (the female) get very stressed.

It is not always contagious. I would not Qt him.
You should read some of the silly fish links on it.
It is petty common and may actually go away some of them say?
And you are very welcome.(y)

It is not always contagious. I would not Qt him.
You should read some of the silly fish links on it.
It is petty common and may actually go away some of them say?

Thank you very much for your help; I do 25% water changes once a week, but for the past few weeks I've been doing that plus a 5% change mid week. These two are crazy with the pump, they watch me clean the tank and don't even freak out.

It's been stressful for me because I had no idea what was going on, so I'm feeling a little better now. Again thank you very much for all of your help, it is very appreciated! I'll read up the links as well :3:fish1:

Back
Top Bottom