Burned Toadstool?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IAmDaryl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had my 45gal SW up for a year now and everything is thriving. My quaestion is: It appears that one of my heaters came loose from the glass and got close enough to my Toadstool leather coral to damage it :)( burned?). The head of the coral has a diameter of at least 6" and the damaged section is on the edge about a ½" square.
Do I need to do anything like remove the damaged section or will the coral heal on its own?

well leathers are a fairly easy to cut just take out of tank and take some scissors to it its a scary feeling at first but you get used to it i would cut the spot off if it seems as if it wont come back i dont have any experience with one being burned i would think that spot has had it right now. But its very easy to cut the spot off i iodine dip might be a good idea after the cut. to keep infections off. kent marine iodine from lfs

I agree. Just keep an eye out and if it looks like it`s going south then go ahead and frag it. Leathers are fairly easy to frag.

Back
Top Bottom