Butterfly Koi sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darkfalcon

Aquarium Advice Freak
He was swimming well and great just like his friends but now he is now staying at the top (near surface or mostly at the surface of the water). He just stays there and do nothing. I try to feed him but other fishes eat the pellets instead of him. When I try to catch him with my hands, he didn't run nor put up a fight (resistance).

So for now the symptoms are: he is inactive, lost his appetite, stays near or at the surface. I can only notice his behavior changes, no other physical changes seen for now.

I isolated him, gave fish salt to the water and water cleaner/conditioner, gave him air pump support but no filter since I'm out of filter. But I don't know what else to do and what sickness is this since most of the fishes who died in my house always has this kind of symptoms. And they all come from our main tank (me and my dad's tank, but I leave the maintenance to my dad since the rest of the smaller aquariums are my responsibility).

Do you think this is ammonia poisoning? If yes how do I deal with it??? I tried many suggestions but none seem to be working effectively, maybe I did something wrong :/

Okay right now he is barely breathing. Gonna need to dig up his grave soon :'(

Can anyone tell me what might be the cause?? Because this frequently happen :'(

Okay right now he just passed away, his mouth opened for the last time... His last breath... R.I.P.

So can anyone tell me what is the cause of those symptoms? And what should I do to prevent it??

Unless you are doing a lot of water changes, koi or goldfish without filtration will be a problem.
Perhaps you should get a decent liquid based test kit (if they are available in your area). It should provide the answers you may have regarding water quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Unless you are doing a lot of water changes, koi or goldfish without filtration will be a problem.
Perhaps you should get a decent liquid based test kit (if they are available in your area). It should provide the answers you may have regarding water quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have and use a filtration system but somehow its not working that well (I dont know what to put in there actually, so only zeolit, bioball, carbon, and I dont know the name of the last one lol). I think I'll look for a liquid based test kit, tho I've only found digital test kit so far.

Sent from my vivo Y28 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom