Buying Driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhino

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Where is a good place to buy driftwood where you can actually see the piece you are buying? My lfs is just way over priced on driftwood and it is to much of a gamble to order offline from like Fosters & Smith. I never like the pieces I get from them. Any advice would be appreciated, or if any of you are selling a piece let me know a price and shoot me a pic.

i just recently bought a piece of driftwood from thedriftwoodstore.com it has great prices and you get to see the piece of wood before you buy it. gonna receive my piece soon so i'll tell you how it is.

I bought some driftwood today at our local Petsmart. They let me pick out the pieces and everything! :D

i just recently bought a piece of driftwood from thedriftwoodstore.com it has great prices and you get to see the piece of wood before you buy it. gonna receive my piece soon so i'll tell you how it is.

Love the site so far, great selection and better prices.

Check the reptile section

Just be careful, they have a lot of grapewood that will eventually rot in your tank. There are some people that use it with no problems but the stuff I bought from Petco or Petsmart rotted within a few months. Also, the white fuzzy stuff that grows on DW seemed to last a lot longer with the grapewood.

also it usually says if its malasian or what type of wood is it i might be too cheap but i rather go out and find it i like to go on wood adventures (hunts)

Another option is to check out your local classifieds for people selling reptile stuff, may be able to score a now piece that way for cheap. If that fails I would go for a nature walk and look for some.

Another option is to check out your local classifieds for people selling reptile stuff, may be able to score a now piece that way for cheap. If that fails I would go for a nature walk and look for some.

and the good thing about the reptile thing they r dry due to the light

I got a small piece of malaysian driftwood from angelsplus, ordered it at the same time I ordered my seeded sponge filter so I saved a little on shipping. I just ordered a small piece of mopani wood from with my last Drfosterandsmith order just so I could get my total up enough to get free shipping and I liked it so much, I removed the piece I got from the LFS. The piece from the petstore was already starting to rot and it had to be held down with slate, so the mopani and malaysian is a lot nicer because it stays down on its own and I don't have the slate taking up the space in my substrate that I need for plants

Back
Top Bottom