Caitlynn's 75 gallon reef build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is this guy reef safe?? Hes so cool!

Attachments

• image-3392895653.jpg
    image-3392895653.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 57
  • image-4039975878.jpg
    image-4039975878.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 68
caitlynnanne9189 said:
No he's not safe?
:(

Not SPS safe. Other coral he'll poke at and knock down. He eats inverts too so it's best not to have. I had one but had no small fish and shrimp or SPS

Ibrahim said:
Not SPS safe. Other coral he'll poke at and knock down. He eats inverts too so it's best not to have. I had one but had no small fish and shrimp or SPS

Awe! He's always so playful in the lfs! Alright guess I'll steer clear

caitlynnanne9189 said:
Awe! He's always so playful in the lfs! Alright guess I'll steer clear

He's super hyper and is always poking and exploring the tank. But he's a bully as well.

Ibrahim said:
He's super hyper and is always poking and exploring the tank. But he's a bully as well.

Awe :( he's awesome! Definitely a shame he's not reef safe. If I do a fowlr one day I'm definitely getting one of those!

Do I need a refugium for my tank?

scottayy said:
Need is such an awful word. :D
It would be beneficial to have one!

Haha ok so what exactly does that do for the tank. Just trying to get a feel and does it attatch to the sump?

Here's my sump from a long time ago. Not a whole lot going on in the fuge at that time, but it's there.

img_1800904_0_353a2d07615a6b36c5d11eeae3236ab1.jpg

Since then it has more rock, more macroalgae, some critters, and algae growing

EDIT| And my 5 gallon sump on my 10 gallon tank i'm setting up now. Same design and principle only this one has a lot more sand and rock. I really just wanted to show this off, lol

img_1800904_1_9a233240cb380ea53063f56f12964ef2.jpg

scottayy said:
Here's my sump from a long time ago. Not a whole lot going on in the fuge at that time, but it's there.

Since then it has more rock, more macroalgae, some critters, and algae growing

Holy cow you got a lot going on down there lol! I'm sure mine will look like that too eventually. Ok so my sump is going to be made out of a 20 gallon long. So I'd make an extra section for the fuge and then put stuff like Rick and sand in there. Alright I think I can do that:) lol

scottayy said:

I love your sump. I've got a wet/dry now and really want a refugium and a place for my skimmer. Did you make that sump? If so how, as I want mine to be like yours.

Ibrahim said:
I love your sump. I've got a wet/dry now and really want a refugium and a place for my skimmer. Did you make that sump? If so how, as I want mine to be like yours.

+1 I like it too :) what guideline did you use?

here's my refugium on my 125g tank. There's another whole section to the right for the return pump that you cant really see too well. I keep live rock, chaeto and sand in my fuge. :-D

img_1800983_0_a97f423fb1f494e0f2012ad497d3c4fa.jpg

here's my refugium on my 125g tank. There's another whole section to the right for the return pump that you cant really see too well. I keep live rock, chaeto and sand in my fuge. :-D

img_1801007_0_a97f423fb1f494e0f2012ad497d3c4fa.jpg

You've got the eshopps sump right?

Back
Top Bottom