Caitlynn's 75 gallon reef build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yay!!!!!! I officially have a 75 gallon tank!! I LOVE it!!! It's got lights in it but they look like pieces are missing and it definitely needs cleaned but I'm fine with that! I think I'm going to strip the stand and re stain it a dark color. Or at least redo the canopy cuxz it's warn but it's ok!! :D

Sorry! App crashed and the photos didn't load. Here they are

Attachments

• image-15408704.jpg
    image-15408704.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 90
  • image-703091699.jpg
    image-703091699.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 93
  • image-1037842658.jpg
    image-1037842658.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 77
  • image-1448747644.jpg
    image-1448747644.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 77
  • image-4002427181.jpg
    image-4002427181.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 78
Nice tank. I'd get a 4 bulb and a 2 bulb t5 fixture then put them on the tank. It'd cost $150 if you got it from aquatraders.

Ibrahim said:
Nice tank. I'd get a 4 bulb and a 2 bulb t5 fixture then put them on the tank. It'd cost $150 if you got it from aquatraders.

Yeah I figured about getting rid of these lights. They look idk bad lol. What about just 1 6 bulb? Or should I do the two split?

Ok so I measure my stand. It's 44 inches long about with a lil room and approximately 16 inches wide. That's snug so I'd go 15 inches at the most. So what size should I do for a sump. I'm thinking of making my own :D

carey said:
re you sure about the length? I dont think I've seen a 75g that isnt 48"

I think it is but I left a little room in there because I need to be able to hide stuff under there like the food and all that. It's 48 long. Sorry!

caitlynnanne9189 said:
Yeah I figured about getting rid of these lights. They look idk bad lol. What about just 1 6 bulb? Or should I do the two split?

It's more expensive. But it doesnt matter whether its a 6 bulb, or a 2 bulb and a 4 bulb

Ibrahim said:
It's more expensive. But it doesnt matter whether its a 6 bulb, or a 2 bulb and a 4 bulb

Oh ok!! And question the person before me had it attached to the canopy and when I get new lights I wanna do that can you tell me if I'm able to do that?

caitlynnanne9189 said:
Oh ok!! And question the person before me had it attached to the canopy and when I get new lights I wanna do that can you tell me if I'm able to do that?

You can but with a retrofit t5 fixture

Which one would be better for a sump a 15 gallon or a 20 gallon tall. The 20 may be Squeezing it cux it's exactly 16" wide and the stand is too!

I would look for a 20 LONG. The biggest footprint you can fit in the stand. You aren't going to be able to do much with the height of a tall tank.

mr_X said:
I would look for a 20 LONG. The biggest footprint you can fit in the stand. You aren't going to be able to do much with the height of a tall tank.

Ok that I can do! I'm gonna wait till petco has their $1 per gallon sale and get it then if I can't find one on CL by then. So a 20 long. There's no concern about the refuge fitting the the bottom with it to then? I don't wanna run our of space

EDIT: I found this sump on CL I'm not sure about it and wanted your opinion. Do you think this will fit in a 20 long sump?

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/for/2820633061.html

The foot print for that skimmer is 15 inches by 9 which means that would have to fit in the sump. It should fit, might be a little tight though

Back
Top Bottom