Caliban's AquaOpti 85L

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can I still test the water anyways lol?? Actually have been that busy that haven’t used test kits for several months.

Thanks for sharing the experiences through that process of difficulty.

Nice armchair view too.

Thanks autumn. Right now. I get the sense they I’m lacking some nutrient. I suspect it may be potassium. I haven’t dosed for about a month. It’s not that plants look unhealthy. They just grow very slow despite intense lighting. The emersed Hygro in coming along nicely. Apparently it puts out purple flowers?

Trimmed the Macrandra and removed the dwarf sag which I thought was doing poorly. Some of the older blades were long.
Maybe 5 inches and pale. I put this plant at the back out of the way as it was ink for experimental reasons I bought it. When I pulled it up it had many runners all with Dinky little sag. With the recent deficient related small leaves for a moment I thought it was deficient. It’s only just occurred to now that that was probably what dwarf sag is supposed to look like. It smelled lovely too. Off to the bin it went.

IMG_0321.jpg

You can see the extent of the BBA in the front left corner. It doesn’t bother me because plants are growing well.

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

Very strong root on the Hygro

IMG_0320.jpg

Very pretty! Maybe someday I will invest in a frameless tank. But I will need a top to keep the snails from wandering out. Down the hall, into the bedroom....

Hygro’s going crazy! [emoji7] hows the pogo going? Looks like lower leafs are struggling abit? Mine also are looking abit crappy at the base

You running both lights or just 1?

Very pretty! Maybe someday I will invest in a frameless tank. But I will need a top to keep the snails from wandering out. Down the hall, into the bedroom....

I really love this tank as a cheaper alternative to the ADA. It still manages to look the business.

Hygro’s going crazy! [emoji7] hows the pogo going? Looks like lower leafs are struggling abit? Mine also are looking abit crappy at the base

You running both lights or just 1?

Cheers Bert pogo I haven’t trimmed it since the new method. Will see how it materialise once I trim. I think it likes higher light. Will see as I’ve just reduced light level 4 for 9 hours scrapping the step method. Utilising both LED lights lights just for spread but they come on different times

Back
Top Bottom