Calling 911!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lokismom808

Aquarium Advice Regular
I lost one of my green barbs to Ick this morning and I noticed two more of my fish was covered in white spots. I went to Walmart and bought the AP QuIck cure and put in the recommended dose which was 1 drop per gallon.
So I have a 29 gallon so I added 27 drops giving a little room for my gravel and decorations. The mistake I made was not taking into consideration that my clown loach would not tolerate the meds.. Well I went to check on the tank and found my loach gasping and laying on its side. I took him out immediately and put him in my 3 gallon tank with some aquarium water with 1/4 tsp of aquarium salt. It's been about an hour and he's still lying at the bottom gasping and laying on his side.
WHAT CAN I DO TO SAVE HIM !!!!' I've had him for five years and don't want to lose him.

I lost one of my green barbs to Ick this morning and I noticed two more of my fish was covered in white spots. I went to Walmart and bought the AP QuIck cure and put in the recommended dose which was 1 drop per gallon.
So I have a 29 gallon so I added 27 drops giving a little room for my gravel and decorations. The mistake I made was not taking into consideration that my clown loach would not tolerate the meds.. Well I went to check on the tank and found my loach gasping and laying on its side. I took him out immediately and put him in my 3 gallon tank with some aquarium water with 1/4 tsp of aquarium salt. It's been about an hour and he's still lying at the bottom gasping and laying on his side.
WHAT CAN I DO TO SAVE HIM !!!!' I've had him for five years and don't want to lose him.

I don't know that there is anything you can do maybe do lots of water changes? Well I give you the best of luck....

Obsessedfishlover said:
I don't know that there is anything you can do maybe do lots of water changes? Well I give you the best of luck....

Hi Osessed
It's me again and I losing all my fish :'(
Do you mean change the water in my 3 gallon?
How much???

Hi Osessed
It's me again and I losing all my fish :'(
Do you mean change the water in my 3 gallon?
How much???

Yes in your 3 gal cuz it was in that medicated water it needs clean fresh water... Do you have water conditioner you can put during the water changes? Filter it good also since its grasping for air! You prolly want to do one 20% maybe throw some tap water conditioner in it and spoil it with lots of treats... Put a small aerator in maybe

Obsessedfishlover said:
Yes in your 3 gal cuz it was in that medicated water it needs clean fresh water... Do you have water conditioner you can put during the water changes? Filter it good also since its grasping for air! You prolly want to do one 20% maybe throw some tap water conditioner in it and spoil it with lots of treats... Put a small aerator in maybe

Okay I did a 20% water change and put in an air stone. Do I add aquarium salt also? I have a heater in there too but it's not doing anything, water doesn't feel any warmer.

Keep giving him lots of fresh, Prime conditioned water & aeration and cross your fingers. A meth blue bath can also help to detox. Are you losing fish in your main tank as well?

jlk said:
Keep giving him lots of fresh, Prime conditioned water & aeration and cross your fingers. A meth blue bath can also help to detox. Are you losing fish in your main tank as well?

What is a meth blue bath?

Obsessedfishlover said:
Awe I was really hoping he would make it :(((((( are your other fish okay?

Thanks for all your help...I know that heat and salt was the way to go but I didn't have a decent heater and the only one Walmart had was a bigger version of the crappy little one I had and they wanted thirty bucks for it. So you live and learn. I just wish it wasn't with him that I had to learn. Anyway the rest of my fish seems fine except for one who is still covered in ick!!!
Should I isolate him or treat the whole tank again.
I don't think this one will make it as he looks like the other barb and the loach. Here's a picture of the other four eating.

Attachments

• image-2323604460.jpg
    image-2323604460.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 53
Thanks for all your help...I know that heat and salt was the way to go but I didn't have a decent heater and the only one Walmart had was a bigger version of the crappy little one I had and they wanted thirty bucks for it. So you live and learn. I just wish it wasn't with him that I had to learn. Anyway the rest of my fish seems fine except for one who is still covered in ick!!!
Should I isolate him or treat the whole tank again.
I don't think this one will make it as he looks like the other barb and the loach. Here's a picture of the other four eating.

I'm so sorry for your loss maybe you can start again and come close to a different fish like you were close to that fish.. Good luck with your fish!

Obsessedfishlover said:
I'm so sorry for your loss maybe you can start again and come close to a different fish like you were close to that fish.. Good luck with your fish!

I still have five more tiger barbs, my panda cory and my Pleco. All but one barb looks fine but I know ick is still in the tank. How long should I continue to treat them????

Obsessedfishlover said:
Until you see hat ich is gone and ALL fish are better

How can I tell ???
The only fish that seems effected is the one tiger barb, the other four are swimming normally and eating like hogs. My cory is cruising around the gravel and my Pleco is just sitting staring at me but that's normal for him.
So if the one tiger barb dies how will I know if the ick is gone???

How can I tell ???
The only fish that seems effected is the one tiger barb, the other four are swimming normally and eating like hogs. My cory is cruising around the gravel and my Pleco is just sitting staring at me but that's normal for him.
So if the one tiger barb dies how will I know if the ick is gone???

Just do the cycle for a week after that cuz it could still spred

Back
Top Bottom