Camel shrimp feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snailpufferguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just bought I camel shrimp from my lfs for my picotope tank and was curious as to what brands of food are recommended for them. Anyone have any ideas? It's the only thing in the tank at the moment.

He should eat anything. Cool shrimp! Most are just scavengers AKA 'the clean up crew'.
I have had camels before, they are more active moving around the tank then most other shrimp...They are NOT reef friendly, so if you have or want coral he may eat them!

I loved mine and they spawned and I gave them to someone who is retired and can possibly get babies next time! I fed mine Hikari Crab Cuisine, and added Tisbee pods just for the chance they would want them, and they also clean the rocks. SeaweedExtreme made by Hikari as well as their Bottom Feeder Sinking Wafers - broken little chunks of them. Golden pearls (sparingly they will turn to ammonia very quickly). They would be fun to watch, sit on the top of the rock, grab a pellet/wafer/chunk!

They were a little freaky in how they moved like insects, but were so attractive and always were out and about. I had a Leather and a couple Zoa Frags and they didn't bother them, but I purposely didn't put much in there just in case they wanted to have a Zoa garden buffet.

Here is a poor pic, but not all the white specs, those are the planktonic shrimp babies!
60074-albums14401-picture69166.jpg

I actually have a sample of mini Hikari sinking wafers on hand from my aquarium box. We'll see what happens thanks guys :)

Back
Top Bottom