camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbaygurl78745

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello all n merry Christmas. I was playing with the idea of getting my son a camera for his salt water tank so that when he has to go back in for more chemo he can take amazing pics of his friends with him. (He asked us to get him a cheap camera so he cud do this but I do want cheap I want amazing) he is only 4 1/2 but has the smarts of a 6 yr old very good with cameras n I could help him learn the new stuff.

For a point and shoot it is hard to beat the Samsung MC900F when it comes to image quality and ease of use. My mother has one and it takes nice photos. However, photographing a saltwater tank is not the easiest task, as the light can confuse autosensors on cameras. The best possible images are going to come from a DSLR in full manual, but that is going to be a little advanced for a 4½ year old, even if he is a smart little guy.

Ok thank you I will look into it. Right now he has a Samsung dv100 HD. It was good for him but wen I tried taking a pic of the tank its like a blue tone. I don't mind if we have to use a lenses with it as it could be a nice family toy. N price really isn't a big deal either. I want some thing he`ll be able to to show of the friends he's made there. As thats all he talks about to them "wen I get to go hm wed for the night I'm getting nemo" the one now just doesn't capture color as I would like. But I'm going cheek that one out now as I love Samsung products.

Oh yes it could be difficult I'm not really playing in that factor :bang head:

For entry level DSLRs I love the cannon t3 rebel. If you click on my signature image below and look at my 57 reef album all those pics are with a rebel t3.

The blue comes from improper white balance. You may be able to adjust this on your point and shoot and get acceptable results.

Back
Top Bottom