can any tell if my molly is ok

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jordanlee123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
She was white as snow and now goin darker in color and has yellow spots from head to toe (fin) and looks like she getting yellow strips

Is she acting normal? Also, have you added aquarium salt to the water? Mollies need I think one teaspoon per five gallons of tank water to maintain health and proper color.

I've had mollies for over a year that were almost silver with a few tiny spots of black and have turned fully black within the year , i think it might just be her time to change :)

Just cleaned filter out I made it from a power head and like a cylinder got active carbon and media and fine sponge gotta keepy little fishes happy :)

As for salt and mollies, it is true that in nature they live in brackish water. But they are routinely bred and raised in fresh water and don't need salt to be healthy or happy. If they are ill, salt can be a good thing but it's not necessary for them as a regular routine.

As for salt and mollies, it is true that in nature they live in brackish water. But they are routinely bred and raised in fresh water and don't need salt to be healthy or happy. If they are ill, salt can be a good thing but it's not necessary for them as a regular routine.

:) that's what I thought ..

Back
Top Bottom