Can anyone help me figure out what these guys are?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandonjkoontz1

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I got these guys from my older sisters friend for free and he had no idea what they are and after some serious googling I'm still pretty. Clueless. Sorry about the picture quality I can try and get better ones if it'll help. Have any ideas? It'd really help. Thanks.

ForumRunner_20120907_140036.jpg

ForumRunner_20120907_140052.jpg

ForumRunner_20120907_140104.jpg

ForumRunner_20120907_140118.jpg

ForumRunner_20120907_140131.jpg

1st: male kenyi i think
2nd: powder blue cichlid
3rd: im wiling to bet female or subdominant male powder blue
4th: the pinky one? im taking a wild guess that its a white morph metriaclima estherae

Thanks a lot. I think iv finally got an idea. Lol. Also with the sexing of the kenyas and blue powders does it come down to the coloratiin and the spots on their anal fins? Or is there someother method?

Good stuff. I'm at work now but when I get home I'm going to try and get another picture of the ''pinkish" one. Idk why but thh pic def makes him look more pink than he is. Hes more a purpleish blue. But the blue is the brighter of the two. I'm reall curious as to what ot could be. My main concern is that iv got a a bad ratio of males to females. Their still small and young so o havnt had an problem yet. But id like to try and aviod any if possible. Lol

then i think you may have 3 powder blues and a kenyi, however im willing to bet 2 of those powder blues are males... venting is a good idea right now :)

Yeah I don't know the third one in the first set of pictures I think could possibly be a red top zebra. His top fin has a strong orange tint especially towards his tail. the back half of his whole body is orangish.

M.Lombardoi. I've seen them with brown or black out linings around the body, they vary from breeder to breeder. Use caution with this guy, one of the most aggressive short bodied mbuna out there.
P.Socolofi.
M.Callainos, most likely male.
I'd add some females if I were you. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom