Can bristle worms be eliminated from the tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

warvillian

Aquarium Advice Activist
Alright, I have bristle worms for sure. I bought an arrow crab from my LFS for 20 bucks. I am friends with the owner of the LFS and he said when he is done removing the bristleworms to bring him back and he will give me a 10 dollar credit. So the main question is do bristleworms continue to appear or can they eventually be eliminated from the tank? Thanks in advance.

i don't see why you would want to get rid of the bristleworms. they are helping you by eating left over food and fish poop.
if you are seeing a lot of them it's because there is an abundance of food in the tank. cut back on the feeding and the bristleworm population will diminish.
an arrow crab might grab a tiny one here and there, but i assure you, it's not going to stop anything.

I just discovered my bristleworms and I have one really big one. Looks like more than 6 inches! Then i saw 3 more little ones.

Not sure about the big one as I haven't seen any issues with it, but I'm keeping my eye on him.

Back
Top Bottom