Can dwarf puffers kill a human ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if you eat it yeah, other then that no
I would like to correct this statement. They aren't anywhere close to toxic, and would be degraded before being absorbed(Stomach Acid). Even their bones, as they are so thin and fragile.

Last edited:
I've seen a big fish eat a dwarf puffer with no ill effects afterwards.

I would like to correct this statement. They aren't anywhere close to toxic, and would be degraded before being absorbed(Stomach Acid). Even their bones, as they are so thin and fragile.

all puffers produce tetrodotoxin, the amount however varys from puffer to puffer, and can change under various conditions as in a female being pregnant and what they eat.

all puffers produce tetrodotoxin, the amount however varys from puffer to puffer, and can change under various conditions as in a female being pregnant and what they eat.
Well let me explain something:)
TTX(tetrodotoxin) is not gonna kill you(unless in serious cases). It puts you in a near death state, where it can paralyse you, or respiratory muscles and/or contractions(diaphragm). Though you're argument was valid, it wasn't explained thoroughly enough:D

Back
Top Bottom