Can I add another fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Munger22391

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 55g tank with a senegal bichir, albino bristlenose, Acei cichlid, electric yellow cichlid, electric blue johanni cichlid and an electric blue crawfish. everyone is getting along perfectly and have seemed to "buddy" up ( the Acei follows the electric yellow everywhere, the johanni and bichir are always relaxing near eachother and the bichir seems to take care of him and makes sure he gets food and others leave him along since he is the smallest in the tank)

I was wondering if I could add one more fish to the tank and it wouldnt be overcrowded when they are all full grown. im interested in either a freshwater lionfish (Batrachomoeus trispinosus) or a Discus im doing research right now but thought I would ask on here to see what everyone thinks also.

The Lionfish I am not familiar with. As far as a Discus in that mix of fish I would say absolutely not!!:nono:

I'm not familiar with the lion fish. But those discus wouldn't live long in there. And they need a school . In that tank a school would make the tank way overstocked.

Ahhhhhhh good old Batrachomoeus trispinosus, or the 3 Spine Toadfish. If you take a look at my pic, you'll see that it's a Toadfish as well, although it is the Grunting Toadfish. Sadly, you cannot add this fish for two solid reasons:

It prefers brackish water unlike your other fish.

When it grows, you can say goodbye to all your fish because a Toadfish is about 70% mouth.

Thanks everyone for your responses, I might just get a rope fish since I know it will get along with the bichir. But I was also fascinated with an African Butterfly Fish but from the research I have done it says they dont like to deep of water and a lot of surface area and im not sure if my tank has enough for him only being a 55g

I had rope fish once until my blue crayfish held him down and ate his face and killed him so I would watch out for that

my crayfish lost one of his big claws during his first molt in the aquarium last week so Im not to worried about him getting any of the fish. or at least for a couple months until it grows back

Back
Top Bottom