can i get an anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Derdy88

Aquarium Advice Regular
alright i have been told that i should not get an anemone for my tank its a 36 gal with about 30 pounds of live rock ( 3 big pieces) have no livestock in the tank besides 10 small hermits. planned on gettng 2 clowns real soon and wanted an anemone for them but was told by a friend my tank is too small

96W 50\50 pc light

just looking for a less aggresive anemone and one that stay relitively small due to the fact i will have other corals.
idealy i just want something for my clowns.

I`m not saying dont get one but two things I need to let you know. One, they need a mature and well established tank. Maybe around 9-12 months. The worst thing that you can have for an anenome is a new tank with the water parameters bouncing around. Two, there is no guarantee that the clowns will host with the anenome. I had two that totally ignored my anenome for other corals. I have known others that have had the same thing happen to them so there is no guarantee.

alright i ws thinking about that ive seen clowns host corals instead of anemone due to a territorial clown any suggestions on a good " fluffy" coral for the clowns

No guarantee on the coral either but here is mine on a bubble coral.

100_0638-med.jpg

Mine now take up residence in my hammer corals. Their anemone died after 3 years. I will not get another one. That one was taking over the right side of my tank (125 gallon) and was over a foot around when open.

Out of curiosity, have you guys had better luck with your clowns adopting an anemone by introducing the clowns after the anemone, or the anemone after the clowns?

Back
Top Bottom