Can I put this in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i cant tell if the outside is actually painted or not? if it is, then i would not because it could be painted with lead-based paints, among other things that are not good.

i cant tell if the outside is actually painted or not? if it is, then i would not because it could be painted with lead-based paints, among other things that are not good.

The outside is glazed. I don't know much about ceramics but I assume it's painted and then glazed/fired. The inside is plain unglazed ceramic.

yeah i just dont know if any of it would leach after awhile. Water is pretty corrosive :p i would not risk it personally

I would think it would be fine. If it is nice and coated. But if it will chip easy, it might not be a good idea. If its in your tank with other rocks or wood and gravel, it could get scratched and maybe have a problem. I would get it and throw it in a bucket for a couple weeks. A clear bucket would be best...and see if it leaches anything.

That would look awesome in a big Goldie tank!

I was so close to buying it and chickened out because it's not food safe glaze. I have no way of knowing if it'll hurt my fish. That as a centerpiece with plants and driftwood on either side would have been so awesome.

Back
Top Bottom