Can i stock more in a 10 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aphone

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have a painted tetra, Khuli loach, and a zebra danio.

Can I stock three more zebra danios? Or 2 more danios another Khuli loach?

AND another question.i had a African claw frog there. It died one day and I only found like 20% of the body. Did the other fish eat the frog? Because I couldn't find the body

I would add three more kuhlis. Painted tetras are dyed so you should return it.

nah, you dont have to return the painted tetra, just give him a good home. If he's returned then no one will purchase him, and he will most likely die. but if you keep him, he will have a good home. sure they have weak immune systems, but that just means that you need to have good water conditions ;)

Last edited:
nah, you dont have to return the painted tetra, just give him a good home. If he's returned then no one will purchase him, and he will most likely die. but if you keep him, he will have a good home. sure they have weak immune systems, but that just means that you need to have good water conditions ;)

I think returning him would be a good idea, as it would protest the unethical practoce of fish dying.

Both kuhlis and zebra danios honestly are too active for a 10g - it would be best to just return/rehome them and start from scratch. Then you could stock with nano fish such as CPDs, threadfin rainbows, green neons, or Chili rasbora. For bottom dwellers you could do dwarf cories like pygmies or pandas.

I think returning him would be a good idea, as it would protest the unethical practoce of fish dying.

Both kuhlis and zebra danios honestly are too active for a 10g - it would be best to just return/rehome them and start from scratch. Then you could stock with nano fish such as CPDs, threadfin rainbows, green neons, or Chili rasbora. For bottom dwellers you could do dwarf cories like pygmies or pandas.

+1 on the CPD. I'd go with a group of 6 and some cherry shrimp, maybe add a peacock gudgeon. Thats what I have in a 10g, out of 7 tanks its my favorite tank.

Back
Top Bottom