Can I take my tiger barbs back to the pet store??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frog girl

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have had these guys over a year & they are still only a little over juvenile size because we feed rather sparingly. I started with 6. 3 barbs from 2 different purchases. Three (all from the same source) of them eventually died off from a weird mouth deformation that seemed to be congenital or something. One got sucked into a pump I was installing.

So now I have 2 (they spawned the other day when I was doing a major water change) but the male is always harrassing the female & it makes me feel bad because she is looking so hagard. Anyway my tank is in transition & I want to get rid of the barbs & get some rainbow fish. I could euthanize the fish but I would rather they went back into a school where they belong. Will my lfs take them off my hands?? They are healthy and active.

Or is there someone out there that lives in or close to lubbock TX that wants a couple small adult tiger barbs.

a LFS may take them off your hands. You could also donate them to your local aquarium society

Most lfs near me will take healthy fish, but they generally don't issue a credit, or anything.

I second the idea of auctioning them off at a local aquarium society, if there is one that meets near you.

Hmm. . . Well I will see if there is a local aquarium society around. I don't really require compensation I just want them to go to a good home.

Thanks guys I will look into it.

Well I broke down & bought 4 more tiger barbs today because the poor little female had lost weight & color. I need to work on my foreground plants before I get the ultimate denizens anyway (khuli loaches & rainbows). Besides there are no khuli's in town right now so it looks like my local aquarium society (if I have one will get 6 instead of 2). Besides I am to busy to look them up just now so this buys me some time.

Also got a java fern which I have been wanting though & it has 3 babies so not a complete step backward :| .

Back
Top Bottom