Can someone please clear this up for me ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessiNoel21

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have red and hear different things about keeping ADFs and Plecos together. I have a 1/2" albino BN in my friends 29 gallon that I would love to put in my 20L when it gets here Friday (I am hoping ) he would be in the tank with two of the ADFs and some fish. Everyone will have plenty of hiding spaces and I am boiling a piece of driftwood(it's been in storage).

Bristle nose plecos need at least a 20 gallon tank. 30 is better. Do you mean 20 long or 20 liter?

I've never personally kept them together, but I have kept both of them. I can't really see any potential problems. BNs are amazing algae eaters, but will also enthusiastically eat sinking pellets and frozen food. Not so quickly that the ADFs would be deprived of food though.

From my understanding the plecos tend to attack adfs. I've seen that bit of information in enough places to make me avoid trying it. Bristlenose Plecos really need a 30g tank minimum anyways.

Back
Top Bottom