Can someone tell me what this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdpuffer

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have these tubes on my live rock. I did some google searching before and came to the conclusion they are sponges but recently I have noticed what looks like feeder tentacles coming out of them. You can actually see them in the picture. I have three of these things all in a little cluster, they have quadrupled in size and seem to go to sleep (shrink and go flaccid) after daylights go out. Any help would be great.

They look somewhat like something I have called snake zoas or snake polyps. Mine extend their tentacles at night, and have a little bit of green fluorescence to them. Here are mine:

41906-albums2492-picture18751.jpg

This pic is from shortly after I got them. They are more yellowish in color now.

Rutrag said:
They look somewhat like something I have called snake zoas or snake polyps. Mine extend their tentacles at night, and have a little bit of green fluorescence to them. Here are mine:

This pic is from shortly after I got them. They are more yellowish in color now.

I googled them and they look very similar, mine are very smooth to the point they are shiny.

Back
Top Bottom