Canister Filter Issue! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jagstang500

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I purchased a national geographic canister filter 6 months ago. I left on a trip for a few days and came home to a filter that doesn't seem to be pushing any water out. Ive read that its likely that the impeller needs to be cleaned. Unfortunately I can not figure out how to remove the impeller on this filter. Ive researched these filters and the eheim equivalent. If anyone has experience with these I would greatly appreciate the help. I don't want to buy a new filter if I can avoid it.

I suggest looking for the manufacturer's website or a customer service number you can call. That's what I've done several times. I had a few questions about my Fluval canister filters. Fulval was very helpful and responded very quickly.

Do National Geographic and Eheim share the same filter?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

figured out how to remove the impeller but now its still not pushing out water. The top heats up so I know its receiving power. Im at a loss.

Maybe take it back if its still under warrenty

Maybe take it back if its still under warrenty

^This. I am assuming you got it at Petsmart, since NatGeo is their brand. My NatGeo filter broke recently. I'd had it for over a year, but the warranty is for 3 years. I brought it into Petsmart with my receipt and they let me exchange it for any filter I wanted (but paying the difference, of course).

I was able to upgrade to a better one that was on sale, and only had to pay about a dollar to cover the difference!

I try to shop at my lfs whenever I can, but this is one instance where I was very pleased with Petsmart.

I've never used a natgeo filter, but I've had problems similar with mine that were fixed by resiphoning. I drained the filter and redid the hoses etc. and that helped a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom