Can't get even the easiest plants to grow.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'll start by giving tank oaranermters, lighting etc etc

55 gallon tank
Filtration is 2 aquaclear hob's
Light is fluval 3.0 with a program set up for low light plants (will post picture)
Substrate is eco complete supernaturals ultra fine gravel

Parameters
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20
Kh 4
Gh 6.5-7
Phosphate 3
TDS 170
Temp 76

Plants in the tank are
Amazon sword
crypt wendtii red
money wart
bacopa Carolinian
rotala rotundifolia
Java fern
anubias
crypt balanse
Water sprite
Corkscrew Val

I had a stroke in December and the tank was going great, but something happened in that 10 days in the hospital where someone over fed and left my light on 24/7 it destroyed plants so I'm nursing the anubias back to health, I can grow threes rotala rotundifolia, literally so fast I Hasbrouck to half it every week, anubias grows but it's damaged so I'm nursing it back, money wart grows, crypt wendtii grows but balanse doesn't, vals won't grow, ferns won't grow, water sprite won't grow, sword won't grow, bacopa grows somewhat.

I dose nilcog dry macro and micros at these levels 2x weekly

Macros
KNO3 @ 1.4 ppm
KH2P04 @ 0.122 grams
K2SO4 @ 1.3 ( seems like Alot since the bag is so small)

Micros
DTPA 11% @ 0.0775 grams
Csm+B @ 0.13 grams
I dose these levels from low light weekly from rotala butterfly @
45 gallons.

Why can't I grow the simplest of plants, what am I missing/doing wrong ?
Ty in advance
https://imgur.com/gallery/vg1CZyB

Sorry to hear you were ill. Glad to see you back! I am by no means an expert. Plants being fussy, I will usually try a big water change and up the light for a while. Or perhaps more ferts? Where are your nitrates? Sometimes when I am keeping the tank too clean, the plants start to go south. I try for nitrates of 20.

Sorry to hear you were ill. Glad to see you back! I am by no means an expert. Plants being fussy, I will usually try a big water change and up the light for a while. Or perhaps more ferts? Where are your nitrates? Sometimes when I am keeping the tank too clean, the plants start to go south. I try for nitrates of 20.
Much appreciated, the lights on a while I have it turned down (about 55-60, par at its highest level 1.5 hours) , nitrates are 20, it's like I'm Missing one key element that those plants I can't get to grow all need lol

I use idiot proof ferts, Thrive (the invert safe one). Maybe there is something missing in your ferts and changing that up a bit?

I use idiot proof ferts, Thrive (the invert safe one). Maybe there is something missing in your ferts and changing that up a bit?
I use dry nilcog at a dose that was given to me for low tech plants, I was using thrive

Do you have visible algae? Have you attempted to clean substrate?
Yes a small amount of green spot on the glass, not much, no I don't thoroughly vac the substrate I just skim the surface as the mulm deep down is plant food.

Back
Top Bottom