Cant get ph to rise. Cloudness wont go away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamesabbott418

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am by no means a pro here. I'm still learning. I have a 125 gal aquarium with a filstar 175 gal filter. My tank was established in mid February this year. I have since had a ph of 6.2 or less since, my alkalinity has been 0 , hardness between 0 and 25 (soft), nitrite .5 to 1. And nitrate between 0 and 40 normally closer to 0 but lately 40. I have records of once a week since fill date.

Now I have continually lost fish since first put them in ( about two weeks after fill date) have lost about four 3to4" fish and like 20 small ones.
I keep thinking my ph is too low so Sunday I decided to try to slow raise it I treated the tank twice Sunday and twice Monday and once this morning with ph up and have gotten no ph change in the tank at all. My alkalinity has went up and hardness up and nitrate up but no ph. I did a water change and filter content replacement before I started treating Sunday. Now my tank is cloudy. Some of my fish are floating kindly funny ( vertical nose down instead of horizontal)
What Hal think I can do start over maybe?

chemicals are never the way to go maybe add some aragonite sand slowly to raise the ph to desired level or there are rocks that will also raise the ph.

Back
Top Bottom