can't remember the name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

microd0t

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just bought a couple small frags from my lfs to test my waters, I'm new to salt water inverts. I just was wondering if anyone knew what this was, the brown kinda stubby anemone lookin thing. I also had a tiny tiny britle star crawling across the rock to small for picture should I assume that's what it is?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130122_233155.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130122_233155.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 65
I just bought a couple small frags from my lfs to test my waters, I'm new to salt water inverts. I just was wondering if anyone knew what this was, the brown kinda stubby anemone lookin thing. I also had a tiny tiny britle star crawling across the rock to small for picture should I assume that's what it is?

Maybe, hard to say without a pic, looks like a mixed rock of zoas and ricordia or hairy mushrooms.

Thank you. I'll look that up and see what I come up with. I've also been adding a redsea supliment called reef energy, would this bee enough food for them?_

Thank you. I'll look that up and see what I come up with. I've also been adding a redsea supliment called reef energy, would this bee enough food for them?_

You don't need to worry about feeding them, feed your fish the corals will be fine.

I'm just kinda woried about zooxanthellne I just moved my fish to a new 20 gal bout a month ago. How do I measure it or add more?

And the hairy mushroom was spot on thanks everyone.

:] change it every week so no prob there I hope to see them florush he gave me a couple tiny tiny green star polyps on some coraline also I'm waiting to.see

zooxanthellae isn't added, it is inside the tissue of corals that receive the proper lighting.

zooxanthellae isn't added, it is inside the tissue of corals that receive the proper lighting.

^^ correct. Zooxanthellae is a symbiotic algae that grows with the tissue of corals and is responsible for providing the coral color and most of its energy needs. Zooxanthelae will thrive under correct lighting and parameters.

Ohhh that makes more sense. I was thinking it was like a plankton they filtered feed. That's good to hear tho hopefully ill have a Bta sooner than I thought

Back
Top Bottom