Carey's Pico Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I moved the 55g over I had an extra candycane coral so I put it in the pico. Not sure if it will do well in there what with the lighting but I guess we'll see.
new pictures since you guys know how much I love photos!

img_1394502_0_bc2c72f0fa41c168c497e9bfbd456723.jpg

img_1394502_1_fa8d87e072a125964349dcf071ee194d.jpg

Thanks guys. :)

All I want to do is add the barnacles and I'm gonna get a barnacle blenny. And the warpaint clown too.

I hope it won't be too much. I don't think the blenny comes out of the barnacles much and the goby is gonna be like 1 inch.

This is the fastest tank I;ve ever put together. I'm almost done stocking it. I think I have all the corals I want. yay

I really like how it looks like they have lipstick on haha, looks like they are trying to cover their ugliness with red eyeshadow and pink lipstick!

I want the barnacle so I can GET the barnacle blenny. :)

I think he'd be right at home in there. I don't plan on adding any more corals to this pico so I think there should be enough room.

ACTUALLY i still have my inverts to stock, forgot about them. I want 3 sexy shrimp and 2 porcelain crabs. :)

I'm hoping next tuesday. i may order the inverts from LA though, depends on if I can get my tangs locally. The inverts are uber cheap compared to my lfs. lol

I'm also hoping to pickup an ORA mandarin next week for the cube. Youre the one to blame for that!!! You got it into my head that i could do it.
(thanks hehe)

I'm hoping next tuesday. i may order the inverts from LA though, depends on if I can get my tangs locally. The inverts are uber cheap compared to my lfs. lol

I'm also hoping to pickup an ORA mandarin next week for the cube. Youre the one to blame for that!!! You got it into my head that i could do it.
(thanks hehe)

haha oops! I'm very excited for the mandarin, the way you baby your tanks it will be the happiest mandarin ever.

Youre also my inspiration for the pico! I just HAD to follow your thread. LOL

I really hope they have some mandarins next week, I know a place that has the ORA ones but he charges like $80 and thats double what my lfs get them for. I want him, but not that bad I don't think!

Can't wait to put fish in the pico! It looks all pretty now but with the goby perched somewhere it will look even better. Not to mention shrimp on the move, I love shrimp. I was gonna put a peppermint in, do you think he's bother the sexy or porcelains?

Youre also my inspiration for the pico! I just HAD to follow your thread. LOL

I really hope they have some mandarins next week, I know a place that has the ORA ones but he charges like $80 and thats double what my lfs get them for. I want him, but not that bad I don't think!

Can't wait to put fish in the pico! It looks all pretty now but with the goby perched somewhere it will look even better. Not to mention shrimp on the move, I love shrimp. I was gonna put a peppermint in, do you think he's bother the sexy or porcelains?

Awe thanks! :) I think the peppermint won't bother the sexy or porcelain but it might steal their food during feeding, I had such a hard time feeding my sexy shrimp when it was in my nano because my cleaner shrimp would eat so quickly then go and steal the sexy shrimps food too. Maybe peppermints are slower than the cleaner though, I haven't had any in a long time. I'm excited for fish too, I wish the natans supplier would call so I would know if he could get them!

Reefcleaners is amazingly cheap compare to the lfs lol. They charge dimes on the dollar.

No doubt! I have a boatload of stuff in my cart at reefcleaners, just waiting for the weekend to order so I get it all on Tuesday. I didn't think I was ready yet this week. :)

Soooo, if I wanted to upgrade the light on this the best bet is the par38 bulb that kelsey has right? I was thinking a mini maxi would be great in this with the porcelain crabs and pom poms.

I'm almost wishing this tank was bigger! It just looks so good already to me. :)

I personally think the par 38 or the par 30 is the best choice, they are a little bit expensive but compared to any other options it's still ahead. Plus the LED's don't need to be replaced very often at all, saving money on bulbs which can be expensive I have learnt lol.

So far I love my mini maxi with the porcelain crab, he even shares it with my sexy shrimp sometimes. I feel bad for the sexy shrimp now though and am going to tell my LFS to order more so I can put another in the pico and one or two in the nano! Also I was worried about the porcelain crabs because they are filter feeders but both of mine take blood worms and mysis right from my tweezers, they are so cute!

Back
Top Bottom