Carey's Pico Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not really, I'd think you could add a little more. I think it'd help with the "clutter" lol. And if you don't like it, I'm sure you could send it to someone, or put it in another tank.

Do you think maybe I can build upwards with the rock? I have it now so I can fit my little mag float around the entire rock pile which I think I def wanna keep. i hate alage. lol

too funny, the last time I was at my lfs he tried to sell me that and I htought he was just b.s'ing me. Does it actually work? I was thinking he was just upselling me from the tiny mag float I bought

Yep. The inner side is a velcro-like scrubby thing, which works well. It works the same way the mag-float works, just prettier and much smaller. That's exactly why I got it, I didn't want to deal with the mag-float I had. (But it doesn't float, if that matters)

Thanks very much, I know what one of my next purchases will be! Then i can spread the rock out a bit too! woohoo new possibilities. From such a silly little thing.

lol

Picked up two of the tiniest peppermint shrimp today. Figure they will add some motion to the tank since everything I have in there hides all day. lol

I figure if they get too big I can out them in the cube. :) But I doubt it, they are TINY

So I got thaqt 2 little fishie mag cleaner today. Awesome idea, too bad my super fine sand is getting caught in it, but its still ALOT better then the big float.

i also got ambitious and added some more rock and re arranged the tank. I glued the Xenia to a small piece of rock rubble and my mushroom has moved from it's shell to a rock so saved me the effort. LOL

Here are some pictures of course!

img_1416083_0_f3e2da0b4acbd7fafae5e1ec9c84a15f.jpg

img_1416083_1_2335b2a67d1e2cd008c72f5840200961.jpg

img_1416083_2_9a7a6e46877f5413c3d252ed159740f6.jpg

Thanks.

It's just in case I come across a barnacle blenny. ;-) Not the easiest fish to get locally. They are too small most of the lfs's tell me.

The only thing is you will get charged an arm and a leg for shipping.. if you do that might as well get some coral from liveaquaia and qualify for free shipping

carey said:
Thanks.

It's just in case I come across a barnacle blenny. ;-) Not the easiest fish to get locally. They are too small most of the lfs's tell me.

Lol. You know how I feel about barnacle blennies<3. This huge marine+fresh water store near me had 3 barnacle blennies last time I was there.

Oooo I am SO jealous. lol Looks like I may have to order it online but then I have to have a bigger order. Bluezooaquatics has them too and its only $140 for free shipping.

Thanks. :)

I have the chance to buy a par38 20k bulb. Would that be too much for this tank? And if so what would it go over? He also has a true blue one as well.

Thanks guys

Par38 wouldn't be too much, I only suggest a Par30 instead because it's smaller,cheaper, weaker: overall better suited for a pico. If you want a par38, go right ahead. You just might have to mount it higher so you don't torch anything.
If you don't want to use it on the pico, Par38's are a popular choice for Biocubes.

I was also thinking of the cube as an option as well. :)

I'm going to go look at them tomorrow, another question, is 20k too much blue? I really do like a blue tank. And should I buy the other one he has, the true blue par38?

I was also thinking of the cube as an option as well. :)

I'm going to go look at them tomorrow, another question, is 20k too much blue? I really do like a blue tank. And should I buy the other one he has, the true blue par38?

I personally don't think 20k is too blue. It's a popular pick. True blue is typically not used singularly, though. IMO 20k and true blue together would be a little too blue, so I'm not sure what you could do with the true blue bulb.
Do you know what brand it is? That could help. One brands "20k" differs from another. If it's local it might be ecoxotic?

Back
Top Bottom