catfish pellets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andreahp

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just started giving my corys pellets - wanted to try them. Until now they seem to have been doing fine eating leftover food from the others. My concern is that they appear to be going uneaten - just fished out 2 last night with a gravel vac because my nitrates were too high for comfort (20ppm when they have been more like 5ppm). I was advised to give 2 per fish (the pellets look like rodent droppings). As of today the nitrates were still up there - should I be concerned or is 20ppm really nothing to be concerned about? I'm ready to do another water change but all the other parameters are fine - 0's for everything else. I'm thinking I should wait until I get more corys (I have 2 right now) before I use them again?

Well I would suggest giving each one one pellet once a week as more of a "treat". I did that to mine with algae wafers and it worked like a charm!

As long as the nitrates do not go over 20ppm, you are fine (I also Like my nitrates to be on the low side, 5).

Used to give my cories 1 Pellet for the each of them, but really I think that is a bit to much. I think if you only use one pellet per day (The cories should gobble it down and eat other leftovers from other fish), you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom