Caught the itch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thale342

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Set up my first African cichlid tank using 50% water from a friends tank as well as adding a filter he had been keeping as an extra. 55g. Going to add a fluval canister filter next week as well as finnex vivid+ lights. IMG_2914.jpg

Don't get the cream it does not work for this itch I've tried lol, nice tank, was the filter running on the tank that you got from the friend if not your tank will cycle as water does not cycle a tank, the filter, substrate is what holds the beneficial bacteria that keeps the tank cycled. Get a master liquid test kit by api and test the water if you see and signs if ammonia nitrite do a partial water change 10-20% treat new water with seachem prime retest after 2 hours.

Don't get the cream it does not work for this itch I've tried lol, nice tank, was the filter running on the tank that you got from the friend if not your tank will cycle as water does not cycle a tank, the filter, substrate is what holds the beneficial bacteria that keeps the tank cycled. Get a master liquid test kit by api and test the water if you see and signs if ammonia nitrite do a partial water change 10-20% treat new water with seachem prime retest after 2 hours.

Yep was running the filter on his tank.

Looks great. Any ideas on the stock you want to keep in there?

All males . Yellow lab, Tomato hap, perlmutt, rusty, acei, red jake, johanii or demasoni, hongi, hara, and probably about 5 more just unsure of what is out there still.

Back
Top Bottom