CBS Evening news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrndHog

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I watched the news and at the end they showed a vet making house calls for fish. He charges $100 an hour for a house call and has a bunch of hospital tanks back at his shop w/ sick fish in them. I thought that was interesting

Uhm... That is kinda neat, but unless someone has really fancy expensive fish I don't think this doc is going to land the big bucks for that...

It just seems a little too steep $$ for fish vet, since we know there isn't a whole lot they can do that we ourselves can't? :?:

He probably mostly works with koi. I've read that some koi strains are worth several hundred dollars and that they can outlive most dogs and cats. Apparently, there are vets that will even perform surgery on them if needed - complete with anesthesia! These aren't your run-of-the-mill fish and I guess regular vet care for them makes sense. And it's undoubtedly less stressful on the sick fish to bring the vet to the fish rather than the other way around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom