CCTV News--UPDATED 12:55 PM 3/25/2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update:

The leaders of New Egyptia held a press conference today, regarding the declaration of war by New Lake City president, Herbert Hoover. Despite the chaos in New Egyptia, King Tony Montoya, also owner and founder of the New Egyptia Plankton Consortium, had the following statement:

"...Bring it, beeotches..."

Here are some images from the press conference:

img0235ck5.jpg

Renowned singing sensation and dancer, Frank Sinatra

img0236au1.jpg

Frank again. He is a bit of a limelight hog.

img0239sl5.jpg

King Tony Montoya, Head of State and Owner, NEPC (New Egyptia Plankton Consortium, for those who aren't in the know)

img0241ze2.jpg

Alan Capone, New Egyptia Head of Security

img0249rc6.jpg

Lil' Kim, Wife of Frank Sinatra, Singing Sensation

img0253ev3.jpg

Another shot of Lil' Kim

img0261kz9.jpg

James "Jimmy" Hoffa, Union Leader for The United Plankton Workers Union (UPWU)

In other news, TuPac Fishkur, henchman of the VRDSM and rap sensation was found this morning in the Industrial Zone of New Lake City, injured and in critical condition. It appears Mr. Fishkur was attacked by a fellow member of the VRDSM, and has had an eye removed. It is believed that a rivalry between VRDSM members had gotten out of control, and Mr. Fishkur was attacked.

Also, in Coral Gables, a housing slump has caused some ruckus among the Tweedles. Tweedle Dumb has forced Tweedle Dee out of the Anemone Gardens complex. Ms. Dee is now residing at Frogspawn Hill. Mr. Dumb also is rumored to have taken up residence with Scooter, a Dartfish and male super model. The Margaurite Snail family is holding a protest against their love affair on Zoanthid Hill.

And finally, Mayor of Splendensville, Stud Muffin, has temporarily moved to New Lake City by request of President Hoover, to assist in some crime cleanup. His great success in Splendensville with rounding up the members of the Rummynose Gang, and apprehension of their leader, Fishama, earned him a record of heavy handed crime control. His wife, Hooker Muffin, had the following statement:

"...Good riddence. That Plankton addicted, two timing, cheating, no good Half Moon Betta will prolly get his flowing fins chomped off in New Lake City..."

More tonight at 8. This has been Huey and Louie of CCTV, reporting. Dewey is off today.

MyCatsDrool said:
"...Bring it, beeotches..."
Lol, I can hear their little voices in my head when you do that.
Soup came out my nose. I have to stop reading the forum while I eat.
Also, I like your pleco!

:::::::::::::SCANDAL ON CAPITAL SLATE!:::::::::::::::::::::

And now a breaking news update. This is Jade Corydoras of CCTV reporting. Huey, Dewey and Louie are on location in New Egyptia.

Tonight, President Herbert Hoover was spotted following female gangster, madame, and member of the VRDSM, Parez Hilfish, out of Club CO2 (formerly Club Airstone, but now under new management by MTS Incorporated). Club goers report that the president was getting friendly with the fallen former socialite, and both were spotted huffing CO2 DIRECTLY from the diffuser. It is believed that President Hoover initially intended to take Mayor Muffin of Splendensville out for a night on the town to welcome him to New Lake, and things got out of control when someone slipped some plankton in his dinner. Von Rios were all over the scene, and it is possible they had a hand in the act.

Also, in Splendensville, there has been a prison break in Mayor Muffin's absence. Our on the scene correspondent rhinogobus, Morty Fishman, reports that it is currently believed renowned mobster Fishama MAY be among the prisoners who escaped. Residents of Splendensville are advised to lock their shells and be on the lookout for members of the Rummynose Gang. Report any sightings to the Marble Hatchet SWAT Squad in the Upper Wetlands Police Department.

This has been Jade Corydoras reporting.

Too funny. I can almost picture the VRDSM driving black cadillacs and carrying tommy guns in violin cases. LOL

A message from Tom Arnold/Rosie O'Donnel of the VRDSM

img0265qk3.jpg

I am starting to fear for my life.

You have missed your calling I think. LOL you could design themes and write plays for aquariums everywhere. Great storytelling!

This is great....If this is what nicotine withdrawl does to your mind, I'm going to quit myself.

Good morning, citizens of New Lake, Coral Gables, New Egyptia and Splendensville...This is Morty Fishman reporting from RGTV, Splendensville (That's RhinoGobius TV, for those who aren't in the know).

A new shipment of CRS arrived at the Splendens Loading Zone today, causing a riot among the Rummynose Gang and the Bleeding Heart Bloods. Mayor Muffin's wife, H. Muffin, was unfortunately caught in the middle of the riot while greeting the cherry reds, and crushed by a flood of rummy noses coming to check out the shipment.

Three rummy noses also were caught in the cross fire, and Sgt Melonbelly of the Marble Hatchet SWAT team was also injured and later died at Splendens General.

Mayor Muffin, still in New Lake on assignment request from President Hoover, could not be reached for comment.

Cat's Drool...I think the Von Rio's put a hit out on one of my Danios. I'd like to know how they did it considering we are in the Pacific Northwest. In order to prevent any further "situations", I feel it's necessary to warn them I have taken drastic measures.
I called in a reinforcer that goes by the alias Jezebel. Here is a picture...tell them they've been full warned (lmbo...this is fun!) She's known as a sleeper or one that lies inert for long periods until called upon to perform the oft gruesome task of "hitting" choice birds, rodents, and sometimes fish. Notice the peircing blue eyes and seemingly vacant stare. Be not deceived, she doesn't miss a thing!
The second picture is her most photographed. This is often all that can been seen (briefly) leaving the scene of a crime. Oddly enough, it's also her general attitude about my soft sculpture bears and other art as you can see by her close proximity to a bear I was trying to photograph.
Lastly is a picture of Sheriff Henry Ryukin. He's just too shocked for words and is a failure at law enforcement...but he is cute!

Love the stories btw, keep them up!

Basindo%20025.jpg

Sputnik%20and%20company%20003.jpg

Henry%20II.jpg

Message for you, Locorosa, by way of Gary, a snail still in captivity. He was wearing a blindfold with a fin in his back when he gave it to me, and immediately disappeared behind a tinted glass lid.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deer locowhutevahitis;

bring de katz onz, maanz. Wee kun taek 'em. Wee alredee skeerd offinz 'dem dern katz dat de gurlz 'wits de planktunz (weeeee luuuuuuuuuuuuuuvz da planktunz yum yum yum yum yum yum *mmm noises and grumbling heard*) haz. Wee jumpd out dee watur un nite and bit dem katz. Hard tu. Rite on der buttz (*laughing, "YEAHS BOYEEEZ*, and high fiving heard all around*). Wee shooed demz an' wee shoe urz too. An' ain't noe wimpee goldfishes tuff enuff fir our towne. Wee'd give 'em a reelz niec tour ov de deepwaturz cement factury, den taek 'em next door tu de peer.

Ur Freindz in Nu Laek,
De VRDSM.

----------------------------------------------------
Don't shoot me, I'm Just the messenger.
Your Friend,
MCD.

EDIT: I opened the lid and asked the boys if they knew what happened to your danios. Jade Corydoras said, "Seriously, like, if i were you, like, I wouldn't ask that, like because they like, do things in the night, and totally will get mad. They like, have ways...and stuff, like, you know? So, like, um, totally watch your back."

And swam off. My guess is, you don't wanna know.

Good Morning New Lakers, this is Dewey Lewis of CCTV reporting to you from the Driftwood Towers in Manhattan.

A frightening new fad has put many fish in dager in New Lake. After the attack on mobster and teen idol Tupac Fishkur, in which Fishkur lost an eye, many other of the junior members of the VRDSM have begun plucking out their eyes to show support for the injured fish. Several fish are sporting eye patches to show their identification with Mr. Fishkur. Rumors of discord amoung members of the VRDSM are running rampant, as a result of the planned hit on Fishkur.

This bizarre behavior is reportedly taking place in garages and back alleys, where young fish PAY older fish to remove the eye. Those not prepared to have an eye removed simply wear an eye patch over their left eye, hoping that others will believe they have had the risky surgery.

A call to Mr. Fishkur's agent resulted in the following statement:

"...We call upon the children to stop removing eyes as a show of support. This is simply ridiculous behavior. However, to those showing their support, Mr. Fishkur has raised a fisted fin and said "POWER TO THE FISHES"..."

More on this story in your evening news broadcast from CCTV, this is Dewey Lewis reporting.

Note from the author:

I have been requested to update the fishtail of the VRDSM, New Lake and The fishes. So, without further adieu,

Good Evening, and welcome to the Late Night News. This is Emerald Coryadoras reporting. Heuy. Dewey and Louie are off tonight.

The counrty has listened to the masses, and as a result, a new bill was passed by President Hoover to upgrade and replace faulty water treatment plants across the board. The original main plant was removed Monday and replaced with a new, state-of-the-art treatment center which is outside the city, and pumps the water out and back in from outer space. The Eheim company was contracted for the work, and has provided an excellent quality treatment plant. Fish across the city celebrated the new, fresher water by inviting residents of Splendensville to New Lake. While many members of Splendensville high society were well received, the Rummynose gang also tagged along. Also, both wanted and unwanted members of the community have decided they prefer life in the big city, and have set up permanent residence, creating refugee like camps in the south central and north central districts.

In addition, a new union has been formed, attracting a few additional new New Lakers. A group of migrant Otocinculians have joined the Splendians in their camps, but are assisting in waste and algae removal.

In attempts to form a cease fire treaty with the Brown Town residents in the city formerly known as New Egyptia (now Brown Town after the break down of their water treatment facility), President Hoover donated the old water treatment plant to enhance theirs. King Tony Montoya Poo Poo Dusty had the following statement:

"Though we are wary of trusting the New Lakers, we are grateful for the donation, and will cease fire until such a time that Hoover again loses his mind."

In other news, residents of Coral Gables decided that the warfare and ensuing chaos was too much to bear, and tired of being caught in the crossfire, abandoned their homes, packed thier belongings and moved. They have set up new homes in another country. We understand that their new land is far larger, and improved as compared to Coral Gables small, but wealthy community. We wish them luck in their new habitat.

This has been Emerald Coryadorus reporting from CCTY. We now return you to regular programming.

LOL I love this thread and I can so relate. I think we all do it in our minds. The other night I did my first PWC since my addition of glass tetra and bleeding hearts. The new fish were freaking out and the other fish were relaxed as they are use to it. The new ones crammed themselves in tight with the established group and I could just imagine them telling the new guys

"Yeah, that alien creature out there sticks this huge thing in the tank, we just stay the heck away from it and go to the other side of the tank, soon it comes over to our side and we go hide on the other side of the tank, soon it seems our lake is almost drained before it comes back and the alien goes away!"

My pictus cats are all cool with the water change except for the largest one Pranzer. He doesnt like them and freaks out. He races through the bottom of the tank at times bumping into the group of tetra and I can just see the established group telling the new ones

"That big guy, while the alien is visiting, he seems to lose control, what a scared cat he is, so neurotic!"

The pleco flops around the tank like "uhhhh duhhh, omg, what is happening, I dunno where to go"

OMG this is too funny MCD ! I really should have read this earlier - reading it all at one sitting has proven to be much to much ..... please excuse me while I clean my chair !!

Back
Top Bottom