Change in salinity, help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joshsmit56001

Aquarium Advice Freak
I added too much fresh water when I topped off and now my salinity went from 1.025 to between 1.022-1.023. Will this change in salinity reek havic on my tank that much? Any help would be great.

TIA,
Josh

It all depends on what is in your tank.. If there are Sensitive inverts/fish in your tank it very well could.. But its hard to say... Every tank/livestock is different.. If they are very healthy it shouldnt affect them too bad however I would slowly raise it back up to 1.025 over the course of a couple of days.. not more than .001 per day..

I added too much fresh water when I topped off
What I would do is mark where your tank is when you get the salinity corrected.. When you add FW add it only to the mark that you made.. You should never have an overdose problem again..

HTH<
James

What size tank is this? Must be a small one as for a tank larger than 55 gal its kind of hard t get that big of a change unless you add alot of freshwater. Way more than a regular evaporation update.

Back
Top Bottom