Changes to the User Agreement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
New rules

1) Signature pictures.

Signature pictures are allowed, but must be no larger than 350 X 125 (pixels) and 15 KB in file size. Sig pics must also be tasteful and conform to a family friendly atmosphere. What is "tasteful and family friendly" will be determined soley by the administration and moderators of this site.

2) Posting about other aquarium related sites.

Posting about other sites is allowed however, there needs to be some rules set forth.
a) Posting about other sites (aquarium related or not) must be done in the lounge. Violation will get your post moved to the lounge.
b) Posting about other sites should be limited to once per month.
c) Violations will earn you the title "spammer" and excessive violations could prompt the removal of your account.

3) Solicitation

AquariumAdvice.Com exists for the non-commercial exchange of information.

Soliciting of donations or monies (without prior approval from the Administration) from the members of AquariumAdvice.com is strictly prohibited and may result in the removal of your account. The only exceptions to this rule are posts involving the sale of goods from one hobbyist to another and sponsor posts in the sponsor specials forum and their sponsor specific forums.

The User Agreement can be found in it's entirety here.

Oops, I did a no-no :(

I just read this now and I know I just posted a link to another website regarding livebearers and breeding.

Sorry, please don't ban me and don't label me a spammer, I love this forum :(

Is it then appropriate to send somebody a private message with a link to an URL?

The intent of...

Posting about other sites is allowed however, there needs to be some rules set forth.
a) Posting about other sites (aquarium related or not) must be done in the lounge. Violation will get your post moved to the lounge.
b) Posting about other sites should be limited to once per month.
c) Violations will earn you the title "spammer" and excessive violations could prompt the removal of your account.

Is to prevent the rampant spamming of our board to bolster another boards membership. It is simply to set guidelines, for posting the "hey check out this site" type of posts. All informational links are allowed in whatever forum they become necessary as often as is necessary.

The User agreement has been modified. New wording is...

8. Signature pictures.

Signature pictures are defined as any graphic posted in your signature. Sig pics are allowed, but must be no larger than 350 X 125 (pixels) and 15 KB in file size. Sig pics must also be tasteful and conform to a family friendly atmosphere. What is "tasteful and family friendly" will be determined soley by the adminsitration and moderators of this site.

9. Posting about other aquarium related sites.

Posting about other aquarium related forum based web sites is allowed however:

a) Posting about other sites, aquarium related or not (with the intent to encourage members of this forum to join another forum), must be done in the lounge. Violation will get your post moved to the lounge.

b) Posting about other sites, aquarium related or not (with the intent to encourage members of this forum to join another forum), should be limited to once per month.

10. Solicitation

AquariumAdvice.Com exists for the non-commercial exchange of information.

Soliciting of donations or monies (without prior approval from the Administration) from the members of AquariumAdvice.com is strictly prohibited and may result in the removal of your account. The only exceptions to this rule are posts involving the sale of goods from one hobbyest to another and sponsor posts in the sponsor specials forum and their sponsor specific forums.

Thankyou for the feedback, it is with your help that we can make the UA understandable for all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom