Cheap 20" T5 lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm about to start a 10 gallon nano reef as well, as a place for my azure damsel to live (to avoid aggression problems with tankmates in my 16 gallon nano).

I'm planning on having a glass top with the Coralife Aqualight Quad Tube that Flake suggested. I've been eyeing it at my lfs for a while.

I have a 18"-24" (adjustable) Marineland LED light fixture on my 16, and my corals seem to like it just fine. It has 3 blue moonlights built in and I added a small fixture with 6 more blue LED's for better looking colors at night.

I may decide to move my LED fixture to the 10 and use the quad on my 16 if it seems like it's a more powerful light source. I'd probably run half 10k and half actinics. Then maybe I could get a few of the SPS corals that I have been afraid to get with my LED's (even though I'm almost sure the LED's would be fine if the SPS was in the right spot with the most light).

Do u think 1 x 175watt metal halide lights is much for 10g?? I too am just getting ideas weather to use my 10g QT for a nano or get a 20g? My main concern right now is lighting i already have 2 x175 w HQI but dunno if using just one would be too much??

You'd have to hang that sucker high, that's some powerful lighting over a 10G, a 70w would've been plenty for you

Back
Top Bottom